楼主: 长白游人

每日说敖东--个人投资日记

[复制链接]
 楼主| 发表于 2010-6-1 21:44 | 显示全部楼层

中山公用董事长不能履职 传与市长内幕交易有关

中山公用董事长不能履职 传与市长内幕交易有关

http://www.sina.com.cn  2010年06月01日 20:00  第一财经网

作者 罗琦

中山公用(19.46,0.00,0.00%)(000685.SZ)今日晚间发布公告称,公司5月30日晚临时召开的董事会决定,因公司董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄暂不能履行董事长、总经理职责,授权公司董事郑钟强代行二人职责。

不过公告未明确解释二人未能履职原因。

公告称,郑钟强代理时间自本决议通过之日起至董事会认为有必要改选,或者董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄恢复履行职责之日止。

据新华网报道,广东省纪委有关负责人5月 30日晚证实,广东中山市市长李启红因涉嫌经济犯罪被中央纪委带走,原因是李启红涉嫌股票内幕交易。

有传闻称,身兼中山公用董事长和中山中汇集团董事长的谭庆中或牵涉此事。从谭庆中公开的履历可以看出,其此前一直从事金融事业,深谙资本运作,自他2008年担任中山公用董事长以来,公司才频频涉足金融领域。

5月31日,中山公用停牌并公告,有重大未披露事项。5月28日公司股价收报19.46元,跌0.41%。
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-1 22:08 | 显示全部楼层

郑钟强简历

郑钟强,男,47 岁,中共党员,高级工程师。曾任中
糖集团有限公司董事、副总经理、党委委员兼中山市正业中糖
实业有限公司董事、副总经理,中山市公有企业管理局党委委
员、企业管理科科长,中山公用科技股份有限公司董事长,中
山公用事业集团有限公司副董事长。现任中山中汇投资集团有
限公司董事、总经理,中山公用事业集团股份有限公司董事。
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-1 22:14 | 显示全部楼层
从上面的简历看,郑钟强在公用重组前曾是公用的董事长,但重组后被闲置了。看来其完全有可能重新执政,而非仅仅代行董事长之职,当然需要观察。如果公用复牌后连续大跌(比如跌破17元),可考虑战略建仓。
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-1 22:44 | 显示全部楼层
Warren Buffett Forced to Testify Before Financial Crisis Commission
Published: Thursday, 27 May 2010 | 11:56 PM ET Text Size By: Alex Crippen
Executive Producer
DiggBuzz FacebookTwitter More Share

Getty Images
Warren Buffett
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Warren Buffett's appearance next week before the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission is a "command performance," after he was subpoenaed to testify at a hearing focusing on the credit rating agencies.

Berkshire Hathaway is Moody's largest shareholder, although Buffett's company has been reducing those holdings in recent months.  Several Moody's executives, including its current CEO, will also be answering questions.

Fortune's Carol Loomis reports tonight (Thursday) that the Commission had to resort to what Gary Cohen, the FCIC's general counsel, called a "compulsory process" after Buffett turned down several invitations to be questioned.

Loomis is a long-time Buffett friend, editor of his annual letter to Berkshire shareholders, and a Berkshire shareholder.

She quotes Buffett as saying, "This is an offer you can't refuse."

Loomis writes that Buffett decided to politely decline the Commission's initial request on May 12 for a "private interview" and possible follow-up appearance at a hearing.  The letter to Buffett said his views would be of "great value" to the panel:

"Buffett had by that time watched some of the Commission's hearings and knew that the witnesses had mainly been people implicated in the crisis -- bankers, notably -- or charged with regulating it out of existence.

Knowing that he was in neither camp and doubtful that his testimony would indeed be of 'great value,' he decided to say no to this surprising invitation."

A May 17 "renewed request" from the Commission included the line, "We would prefer not to use compulsory process to secure your cooperation, and are sure that it will not be necessary."

After Buffett told Cohen he would not appear voluntarily, he received another "respectful request" on May 25, accompanied by a subpoena that said he had been "COMMANDED to appear and give testimony."

Loomis says Cohen, and two other FCIC representatives came to Omaha Wednesday for a preliminary "private interview" that covered the credit rating companies and other subjects associated with the financial crisis.

Buffett tells Loomis that he "liked the men and enjoyed talking to them."  The two men accompanying Cohen brought books for him to autograph.

She concludes, "Provided that the commission members ask intelligent questions and don't try to grandstand, this writer predicts that Buffett will enjoy the hearings as well."  

Current stock prices:

Berkshire Class B: [BRK.B  71.79    1.24  (+1.76%)   ]

Berkshire Class A: [BRK.A  107780.00    1870.00  (+1.77%)   ]

Moody's: [MCO  20.1725    -0.3275  (-1.6%)   ]

For more Buffett Watch updates follow alexcrippen on Twitter.

Email comments to buffettwatch@cnbc.com

© 2010 CNBC, Inc. All Rights Reserved
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-1 22:52 | 显示全部楼层
CNBC TRANSCRIPT & VIDEO: Warren Buffett on Goldman Sachs and U.S. Economic Rebound
Published: Monday, 3 May 2010 | 12:46 PM ET Text Size By: Alex Crippen
Executive Producer

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36915020//
Warren Buffett defended Goldman Sachs as it faces SEC fraud accusations and talked about the signs of "real strength" he's seeing in the U.S. economy during a live interview in Omaha today, May 3, 2010 with Becky Quick on CNBC's Squawk Box.  

It was his first live TV appearance after answering shareholders' questions for almost five hours at this weekend's Berkshire Hathaway annual meeting.

Here are video clips and a transcript of their conversation.

BECKY QUICK:  Our guest host for the next hour is Warren Buffett.  He's the Berkshire Hathaway chairman and CEO.  And, Mr. Buffet, thank you for joining us this morning.

WARREN BUFFETT:  It's a real pleasure.

BECKY:  Did you hear this conversation about Goldman Sachs? [GS  145.52    1.26  (+0.87%)   ]

BUFFETT:  I did, yeah.

BECKY:  Now, Goldman was obviously one of the huge headlines here this weekend.  There are -- right now the SEC considering these charges.  And a lot of concern about whether Goldman not only followed the letter of the law, but the spirit of the law.  What do you think?

BUFFETT:  Well, from everything I've seen of the Abacus transaction, which was the one the SEC put out the complaint on, I do not see a problem with that transaction.  We're a bond insurer, ACA was a bond insurer, MBIA, FGIC, Ambac, and all those companies started out insuring municipal bonds and then the profit margins got squeezed in the municipal bonds and they started drifting over and insuring other structured deals and so on.  

ACA had probably dozens of people analyzing bonds.  Many of the reports don't even explain that they were bond insured, but that was their job.  Their job was to look at credits and stick a proper premium on if they wanted to insure them.  If they didn't know what the proper premium was, they should have skipped insuring them.  And almost all of the bond insurers got in trouble during that period because they drifted over into areas where they really weren't that good.

BECKY:  But the SEC complaint focuses on fraud and says in large part it's because Goldman, the SEC alleges, did not let on that John Paulson was on the short side, betting against this, and he was helping structure the deal.

BUFFETT:  Becky, we had many deals presented to us.  But, for example, there was a municipal bond deal that was presented to Berkshire.  And 8 billion of municipal bonds and a Wall Street house came to us and they said, "We'd like you to insure these bonds."  And we said, "We'll do it for $160 million."  And you'll see that the state of California is a couple of hundred million and Texas is a billion.  And when that firm came to us, it happened to be Lehman Brothers two years ago, and we were to insure these bonds for 10 years.  There were four possibilities.  Lehman had these bonds and was hedging them.  Lehman had an opinion that municipal bonds were overpriced and they were shorting them.  They had a customer on the bonds that was hedging them, or the customers were shorting them.  

We didn't care.  Our job was to decide whether to insure the bonds.  I never asked who was on the other side of the transaction.  Obviously, somebody is on the other side of the transaction.  But if Ben Bernanke was on the other side of the transaction, I still would have insured the bonds.  It was my job to figure out what I wanted to insure.  And there's always somebody on the other side of the transaction.  And John Paulson could have been on the other side of that transaction and we still would have insured the bonds.  

On the other hand, if the premium was wrong, we wouldn't have insured the bonds.  So a bond insurer runs the risk of loss when they insure bonds.  It shouldn't make any difference to them who owns them, who is hedging them, who is shorting them.  They should decide what the risk is and charge an appropriate premium.  And ACA charged the wrong premium.

OMAHA 2010
Current DateTime: 07:45:58 01 Jun 2010
LinksList Documentid: 36876148
Buffett to CNBC: Economy Showing Signs of 'Real Strength'
Buffett to CNBC: 'I Don't See Problem' With Goldman's Abacus Deal
Squawk Box Live Interview Transcript & Video
Buffett Defends Goldman At Shareholders Meeting, 'Loves' Investment
Buffett to CNBC: Goldman Has 'Lost the PR Battle At This Point'
Warren Buffett Goes Live on CNBC Monday Morning After Shareholders Meeting
Warren Buffett's Goldman Defense Grabs Day-After Headlines
Warren Buffett: 'Big Upswing Starting in March' for Economy
Warren Buffett Promises 'Extensive' Answers to Goldman Questions from Shareholders
Charlie Munger: Lehman Was the Worst, But 'Impressed' By Goldman's Blankfein

BECKY:  Lloyd Blankfein went before senators last week and a lot of them made it sound like he had intentionally misled his customers, told them one thing and then acted another way.

BUFFETT:  Well, I've been doing business with Goldman for 44 years.  They have raised a lot of capital for us that enabled us to deploy a lot of people.  They have been involved in more acquisitions than any other Wall Street firm by far in connection with Berkshire.  We're a much larger company because of Goldman Sachs.  And we trade with them.  

Now, I don't hire them for investment advice or services.  People do.  They have got a big investment advisory business, but I don't pay them for that.  What I do do is frequently is I trade with them.  When I buy something from them, they may be selling it for a customer.  They may be shorting it to me.  You know, it's not their responsibility to manage my money.  I could hire them to manage my money, if I want to.  But I don't.  And I often buy something from them that my guess is that they are shorting to me.  But, you know, that's the name of the game.

BECKY:  Melissa Lee mentioned that talk is growing that Lloyd Blankfein may end up losing his job over this.  What do you think about how Lloyd Blankfein has performed?

BUFFETT:  I think Lloyd Blankfein has done a great job of leading Goldman Sachs.  I mean, I have known the people who run Goldman Sachs ever since Gus Levy, every one of them.  And Goldman has had a history of picking first class people to run the business, people that are the sort of people that, you know, feel fine about having marry your daughter and people who are plenty smart about running a business.

BECKY:  Some people would say you are defending Goldman Sachs because you have a major investment with them.  You're talking your book.  What do you say to them?

BUFFETT:  Well, I'd say you're asking me the questions and I'm responding to your questions.  But I am talking my belief.  And we do have a major investment in them.  And if you put $5 billion in a company, you ought to feel pretty good about it and we felt pretty good about it when we did it.  And we feel pretty good about it now.

BECKY:  Do you think Lloyd Blankfein should continue in his job?

BUFFETT:  Absolutely.  Absolutely.  I'd rather have him running it than anybody else.

BECKY:  Have you had conversations with him this, about the transaction, about the SEC complaint, about what he needs to be doing in response?

BUFFETT:  Probably had three or four conversations, each one of them maybe five to ten minutes.  He's bringing me up-to-date on some development.  And he's asked me whether I've got any great ideas on this in terms of how to handle essentially what is a tsunami of press opinion.  But I have had no conversation with him in any way about him stepping down.  And if he asked me, which he hasn't, I would say by all means stay.

BECKY:  You mentioned on Saturday that of the 40,000 expected shareholders, probably 39,900 of them did not understand this transaction or what was happening at Goldman.  Do you think you were able to help them understand it this weekend?

BUFFETT:  I have been told by a lot of them.  I mean, I have literally had, dozens including some of our directors.  And they said they had never heard the transaction explained.  ABN AMRO actually is the one that ended up paying the dollars out.  ABN AMRO, now part of Royal Bank of Scotland, they paid out 900 million, or close to it, and got paid -- they paid out because they were a credit guarantor of ACA.  They took on that risk.  We sometimes guarantee the credit of other people.  ABN AMRO got -- it's in the SEC complaint, they got paid 17 basis points, that's about a million six, to guarantee 900 million of credit.  If ACA hadn't gotten in trouble they would have pocketed a million six and felt like they made a good deal.  But sometimes banks lose money guaranteeing credit and sometimes they don't.  ABN AMRO lost that money.  ACA originally lost the money because they rolled bond insurance on something they didn't understand very well.  

But bear in mind, MBIA was writing insurance like that at the time.  Ambac was writing insurance like that at the time.  FSA was writing insurance like that at the time.  And all of them lost money on it.  I mean, the housing situation in February of 2008 looked a lot different than the housing situation a year earlier.  And many people were wrong, including Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, you know, companies with huge involvements with the society, managed by Congress essentially through an agency that had 200 people overseeing them.  And they were the biggest losers of all.  So a lot of people were wrong about housing.

BECKY:  Do you think this is a situation where it's some big banks that made some bad bets and now it's sour grapes?

BUFFETT:  Well, big banks made bad bets.  And lots of people made bad bets.  The American people made a bad bet on housing.  I mean, you know, at the peak, housing was worth 22 billion and people thought housing could do nothing but go up.  And everybody virtually believed it.  I mean, I believed it, you know, people in my block believed it.  Rating agencies believed it, Freddie and Fannie believed it, Congress believed it, Wall Street believed it, mortgage bankers believed it.  Housing had kept going up and up and up, so they built these models in their minds.  They might not have thought of them as models, but they basically didn't think housing prices could get cracked a lot.  And when they did get cracked, a lot of people looked awfully foolish and a lot of people lost money.

BECKY:  Do you think we have -- I guess the biggest problem with the Goldman situation with that back at Abacus deal is that the taxpayers eventually ended up paying for it because ABN AMRO may have made the bad bet but essentially at one point between that and ACA, it was soaked up by taxpayer dollars.  And that's what has people so angry.

BUFFETT:  Well, the biggest taxpayer loss apparently is Fannie and Freddie, and they were supervised by Congress.  And as a matter of fact, they reported to Sarbanes and Oxley, of all the irony.  So that's where the big money was lost.  But banks can lose money on loans that are guaranteeing credits.  They make decisions that sometimes are wrong initially and sometimes events make them wrong, as they turn out.  

But this transaction was not unique in any way.  A lot of people bet on the bullish side of housing.  There weren't many people on the bearish side.  And John Paulson was not regarded as a genius in 2007.  But if John Paulson came to me with a deal today to insure, I would look at what I was being asked to insure, and if I thought I understood it, I would quote him a price and if he took it, he'd have an insurance policy.  I don't worry about doing business with John Paulson.

BECKY:  Okay.  Joe, you have a question as well?

JOE KERNEN:  Just listening to Warren.  Hi, Warren, thank you for joining us today.  

BUFFETT:  Hi, Joe.

JOE:  But listening to the way you explained it, the American -- really, we were all  long on housing.  And with the benefit of hindsight, to see the way it's been portrayed not only in the media, but I know you probably saw those Senate hearings.  And you've been around a while, Warren.  You know the ways of Washington.  But when do you decide that Washington really is a bigger part of the problem than the problem itself?  And where this -- you know, if you really beat up on Wall Street and not beat up on Goldman, beat up on capitalism and beat up on the free market, should we just write it off to, ah, that's just the politicians?  

I have one here.  Senator Kit Bond, maybe you can weigh in, too.  They can eventually do some real damage, can't they, Warren?  That was a travesty and a witch-hunt and an inquisition.  Were you uncomfortable?

BUFFETT:  Well, it wasn't anything unexpected.  I mean when something goes wrong on a very, very major scale and lots of people participated in it.  I mean the whole country was involved in essentially what turned out to be a fantasy.  Now, we all believed it, we all want houses.  And it was very easy to say if houses are going to go up every year, you better buy it this year because it will cost you more next year.  And that became kind of a self-fulfilling mania for a while.  Because housing became 22 trillion out of the American public's 50 to 60 trillion of wealth and it was the one that you can margin the most, borrow the most against, you know, when the crash came, it really had consequences and nobody likes to say, "It's my fault."

JOE:  Guess we have to go to break, Beck.  And then we'll continue along, I guess, some of this stuff, right?

BECKY:  That's right.  And we'll let Senator Bond jump in on that as well and get his response.  We're going to sneak a quick break right now.  But as Joe mentioned, we have a lot more to cover with Warren Buffett.  We have got 45 more minutes.  We're going to be talking about whether the consumer is back in full force, what he's seeing and other signs in the economy, plus we've got a run-down of the morning's top stories.  So stay right here.  "Squawk Box" will be right back.

[COMMERCIAL BREAK]

BECKY:  We are back in Omaha.  And we've been talking about what happened with the housing crisis, who was to blame, with Warren Buffett, who is the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.  

And, Warren, you were just getting ready to talk a little bit about who is to blame and whether the politicians were to blame as well.  I thought maybe you could say that and we could bring Senator Bond in as well.

BUFFETT:  Well, when there's a delusion, a mass delusion, you can say everybody is to blame.  I mean, you can say I should have spotted it, you can say the feds should have spotted it, you can say the mortgage brokers should have, Wall Street should have spotted it and blown the whistle.  I'm not sure if they had blown the whistle how much good it would have done.  People were having so much fun.  And it's a little bit like Cinderella at the ball.  People may have some feeling that at midnight it's going to turn to pumpkin and mice, but it's so darn much fun, you know, when the wine is flowing and the guys get better looking all the time and the music sounds better and you think you'll leave at five of twelve and all of a sudden you look up and you see there are no clocks on the wall and bingo, you know.  It does turn to pumpkins and mice.

BECKY:  Go ahead.

BUFFETT:  It's hard to blame the band.  It's hard to blame the guy you're dancing with.  There's plenty of blame to go around.

BECKY:  And alcohol.

BUFFETT:  There's no villain.

BECKY:  Well, let's talk about what Washington is doing right now with financial regulatory reform.  Are the issues that are on the table things that can prevent this from happening again?

BUFFETT:  Well, they can't prevent bubbles from happening again.  People do that.  The human beings go to extreme and when your neighbor makes a lot of money doing something, you know, you feel like you ought to be doing the same thing, too.  And they do feed on themselves periodically, whether it's the Internet boom.  You have had it all.  You had two bubbles, you know, 400 years ago.  You had South Sea bubbles.  So people will get delusionary from time to time.  

And you might say it's the job of the government or the Fed to try to talk them down or something of the sort.  It's not very effective.  If people really see easy money being made by someone else that they think is dumber than they are, it gets very tempting to be out there trying to do it yourself.  

So bubbles will happen again.  What you want to try and do is contain the damage from them.  And, you know, we did that after 1929.  Now, after 1929, we decided that people buying stocks on 10 percent margin was dangerous for the economy and we passed a law that said the feds should set margin requirements.  And then what did we do in 1982?  We validated an S&P 500 contract which let people gamble in untold numbers on tiny margins, all the while maintaining 50 percent margins with the Fed.  It was crazy.  But we took -- we took the safety net of high -- of high margins away from the stock market and nobody said a word.

BECKY:  So you're in favor of limiting some derivatives trading?

BUFFETT:  I'm in favor of having leverage limited with organizations that can produce dangerous for the system.  And I actually think leverage ought to be -- extreme leverage ought to be prevented for individuals speculating in the market.  We decided that was dangerous back in 1934 and I still think it's dangerous and we totally negated the benefit of that legislation when we let the S&P 500 and the derivatives come in to the game bigtime.  

I wrote a letter to Congressman Dingell in 1982, saying this would turn the market into more of a casino.  And there were plenty of people that said, yeah, but it's more fun having a casino.

BECKY:  The idea of limiting leverage for investment banks is a good one.  But then when you have all of these off-balance sheet transactions, it's very difficult to know how what the real leverage is.  How do you get your arms around it?

BUFFETT:  They were terrible.  I mean, the auditors failed, in my view, bigtime when they let, for example, SIVs, be set up, special investment vehicles, with the big banks.  Citigroup had those by the tens of millions.  And what were they trying to do?  They were trying to get around the leverage restrictions that the banks normally had to follow and they were trying to pile up a little more earnings so they could report better quarterly earnings.  So they stuck all this stuff off balance sheet and talked about liquidity puts and all that sort of thing.  And that should be not only just a yellow light, that's a red light to auditors and should have been highlighted but it wasn't.

BECKY:  But what in the current financial regulatory reform can prevent any of those things?

BUFFETT:  Well, I haven't read 1500 and some pages.  But I have the feeling from what I've read about it that Congress is going in the right direction.  I do think -- I think that people that have the ability to attract money with an FDIC guarantee, so they feel it's a government guarantee, if you have the right to do that, there better be some pretty tough rules on what you can do once you gather that money from the public.  Because you are getting it because you have a government guarantee.

BECKY:  Senator Bond, you are one of the 100 people who will be voting on that financial regulatory reform.  Do you think that the bill is the proper bill and that it will be able to prevent some of these extreme situations in the future.  

SENATOR KIT BOND:  Not yet, Becky.  But, Mr. Buffett, I agree with you, we saw a situation where they all get better looking at closing time in the housing market, but the housing market was a team effort.  The administrations, both Republican and Democrat and Congress, pushed for no down payment home loans, nonrecourse loans.  That was an invitation for disaster.  There were a few of us who fought against it unsuccessfully.  But there are certain bad practices that really should be stopped.

And I think you're totally right.  There needs to be regulation of liquidity.  There needs to be regulation of some of these devices.  And, you know, the computer game derivatives that are not based in reality I think deserve to be covered.  But I know you have spoken out about the end users who are in the Heartland, where you and I live, who have to hedge their risk, whether they're farmers, manufacturers, transportation companies.  How should we distinguish between the legitimate hedging activities in financial institutions and the gambling derivatives which you have decried in the past as weapons of mass destruction.

BUFFETT:  In distinguishing, it's really tough.  But it's a job that has to be done because you talk about end users.  I read an article in Business Week a couple of weeks ago about Anheuser-Busch in your state of Missouri.  They use them for hedging purposes.  We're on the Burlington Northern Santa Fe right now.  We use them for hedging purposes with diesel fuel.  And to the extent that people like Anheuser-Busch or Burlington Northern, for example, have to put up a lot of collateral, that is money that is not being used in their own business.  I mean, it's being deposited back in Wall Street.  So I think it is very important to have something that makes sure that end users aren't put in the same category as casino operators.

SENATOR BOND:  Well, I know you have utility.  And I talked to a regional utility in my state that has $100 million in derivatives every day to hedge the cost over the energy input.  And if they had to clear it, it would cost them a billion dollars.  

[CROSS TALK]

BUFFETT:  And sure, Senator.  If they put the money up there, that money is not being used to build wind farms.  And so there are hundreds of end users that have signed on to an appeal to make sure they aren't put in the same category as people who are just basically gambling on them, you have a way that you have got bear traps out there, but they don't catch rabbits.

SENATOR BOND:  Sheila Bair just said that you shouldn't have -- you can't take derivatives out of FDIC-insured institutions without increasing their risk.

BECKY:  Yes, Sheila Bair, over the weekend, I don't know if you have seen these comments yet, is saying exactly that.  She does not want to see the banks not allowed to do derivatives because it will only drive the derivatives and risky business to other institutions that are less regulated.  Do you agree with that or should the banks be limited in what they can do with derivatives?

BUFFETT:  I don't really know the answer to that.  I mean, certainly, banks can use derivatives in ways that makes sense for the society, just in terms of floating rate to fixed-rate loans.  There are various ways of doing it that have a very proper business purpose.  But I think if they are betting on the price at some variable 20 years from now -- when I took over GenRe, there was one derivator contract that lasted 100 years, and that meant for 100 years, no money changed hands, people put marks on it every three months and the trader got paid based on it and people got to report earnings based on it, and so it's hard for me to see that that is serving a wonderful social purpose.

BECKY:  Charlie Munger has a much tougher view on derivatives.  We heard from him earlier.  He says that they should only be allowed on things like energies, commodities and currencies, I believe, or maybe metals.  How do you pair up what you think with what he thinks?

BUFFETT:  Well, Charlie is a little more Old Testament than I am.  I've got a lot of Old Testament in me, too.  But Charlie is right and I'm usually wrong.  But I think that there can be proper uses of beyond the areas he named, but I would agree with Charlie that -- well, the S&P 500 contract is the ultimate derivative.  I mean, it's a bet on an index and it trades by the billions of dollars on tiny margins and it isn't dealing with professional investors all the time.  It's dealing with people that don't know a thing about stocks and bonds and are betting on whether the market is going to be higher 10 minutes later, an hour later.  And it's really hard to imagine what the useful purpose is of dragging in people on tiny margins to gamble on what the stock market is going to do that day.

BECKY:  We have much more to get with with Warren Buffett.  We're going to talk more about the economy because Mr. Buffett, through his businesses, has seen a turn coming in the economy.  We'll get the specifics on that and his read on the strength of the American consumer.  "Squawk Box" will be right back.

CNBC TRANSCRIPT & VIDEO: Warren Buffett on Goldman Sachs and U.S. Economic Rebound
Published: Monday, 3 May 2010 | 12:46 PM ET Text Size By: Alex Crippen
Executive Producer

« Previous Page | 1 | 2

This is part two of Becky Quick's interview with Warren Buffett on CNBC's Squawk Box, Monday, May 3, 2010.

BECKY:  We are live in Omaha with Warren Buffett.  We've been talking about a lot of the issues facing Wall Street, facing financial regulatory reform.  But we have also been looking at the economy over the weekend here.  Over the weekend, we got the chance to speak with Matt Rose who is the CEO of Burlington Northern Santa Fe.  We're sitting on one of his rail cars right now.  The railroad is one of the first that sees turns in the economy.  They talk about the coal shipments moving as they see retailers ordering more or less.  

And over the weekend, we got to speak with Mr. Rose to ask him what he is seeing right now in the railroads.  Listen in.

MATT ROSE:  We monitor 22 commodity groups across the railroad.  Everything from iron, steel, metals, containers, coal, chemicals, automobiles.  And if you look at last year, every one of those commodity groups were negative.  If you look at last week, every one of those 22 were positive.

BECKY:  That tells us a little bit about how far we've come in this economy.  But, warren, you look at a lot of different factors in the economy.  This is a particularly difficult time to try and figure out what's going on.  Where do you think we stand right now in the economy?

BUFFETT:  Well, actually, it may not be quite so difficult.  A couple of months ago when we talked, I said we were seeing little bits of improvement here and there, but it was pretty spotty.  In the last couple of months, in most of our basic businesses, we have seen real strength, so the economy has picked up I think a lot of strength in March and April.  It won't be translated into huge changes in unemployment soon, but the economy is starting to move.

BECKY:  Where do you see it?  Which businesses?

BUFFETT:  Well, we see it particularly in our businesses that supply other businesses across the spectrum.  Now, IGCAR, we sell these small cutting tools that are used in big machine tools whether at Boeing or General Motors or heavy industry all over the world.  And we have seen a really huge pickup in March, started in December.  It was gradually improving just a little bit.  And it really has taken off.  

And we have a company that handles the distribution of electronic components down in Fort Worth.  It sells all over to everybody in sight.  It has been booming.  I mean it's huge.  We're glad we've got inventory because it's flying out the door.  And that's going to thousands of customers all over.  So there has been a real change in the last few months.

BECKY:  This is more than just rebuilding inventories?

BUFFETT:  Yeah, it is more.  We can't rebuild our own inventories because it's moving so fast.  No, it's much more.  Nobody wants a big inventory of cutting tools or even electronic components because they are putting them into products right now.  They are manufacturing right now.  So there's a big pickup.  I don't mean we're back to where we were three years ago or anything of the sort.  But the economy is moving.  Incidentally, that's what I would have expected in this world.  

The American economy is an amazing engine of growth over time.  And we may try to mess it up occasionally.  And we go to excesses and we make mistakes and all of that.  But if you look at the history of the country, I mean this country works.  It's a mistake to bet against it.

BECKY:  Is this a sharp "V" snapback recovery?

BUFFETT:  It's a pretty big snapback.  "V" conveys you get back to the top quickly.  But it's a long way -- it's very different than some saucer-like thing that is very elongated.  It's a real movement.

BECKY:  Most of what you have mentioned, though, these businesses are industrial businesses.  Do you see it in your consumer lines as well?

BUFFETT:  We see it to a degree in consumer lines.  I mean at NetJets, our jewelry business and all, those are coming back.  People have regained confidence.  They were paralyzed, you know, a little over a year ago.  And our customers flying on NetJets, they still own the planes, they were still paying the monthly fee.  They just weren't flying as much.  They weren't buying jewelry.  

All that, we're seeing a pickup in.  It's not back to where it was, you know, two or three years ago, but behavior has really changed.

BECKY:  We talked to Mohamed El-Erian and you know him.

OMAHA 2010
Current DateTime: 07:51:42 01 Jun 2010
LinksList Documentid: 36876148
Buffett to CNBC: Economy Showing Signs of 'Real Strength'
Buffett to CNBC: 'I Don't See Problem' With Goldman's Abacus Deal
Squawk Box Live Interview Transcript & Video
Buffett Defends Goldman At Shareholders Meeting, 'Loves' Investment
Buffett to CNBC: Goldman Has 'Lost the PR Battle At This Point'
Warren Buffett Goes Live on CNBC Monday Morning After Shareholders Meeting
Warren Buffett's Goldman Defense Grabs Day-After Headlines
Warren Buffett: 'Big Upswing Starting in March' for Economy
Warren Buffett Promises 'Extensive' Answers to Goldman Questions from Shareholders
Charlie Munger: Lehman Was the Worst, But 'Impressed' By Goldman's Blankfein

BUFFETT:  Yeah, sure.

BECKY:  He's got a theory that PIMCO has been focusing on about the new normal, about consumers not going back to the same rate of spending.  They have got a lot of debt they have taken on.  Their house prices have not come back.  Is that a fair and valid assessment of the economy as well?  And how do you match that up with what you are talking about?

BUFFETT:  Well, for years what you might call the normal was just leveraging up more and more, so it was getting to higher layers.  I don't think that's going to happen.  But consumers, you know, the ones that can handle like to spend.  I mean we saw them this weekend at our furniture store, you know.  In a week, we sold $35 million worth of goods.  That's a lot of goods to move in Omaha, Nebraska in a week in a home furnishing store.  We saw a lot of jewelry sales.  The American public over time is going to spend money.  What we don't want them to do is keep leveraging up like they did and everybody refy-ing houses and taking money out of their houses and using it to consume.  I don't think you need to worry about the American consumer over time.

BECKY:  Not worry about them over time.  But you just mentioned that you don't think the unemployment picture is going to improve drastically any time soon.

BUFFETT:  It takes a while.  I mean we are net hiring people at Berkshire.  Last year we were letting people go every month.  I don't know toward the end of the year exactly the figures.  Now, we're hiring people.  But, you know, they talk about jobs.  We have jobs when we have demand for our goods.  We're not going to hire somebody to stand around.  So the best jobs program is demand.  And demand is coming back.  And that means we hire people.

BECKY:  Corporations were dealing with incredibly high productivity numbers where they were squeezing more and more out of their employees.  Do you think businesses across America are in a position where they have to hire?

BUFFETT:  Well, we have to hire sometimes.  I mean when the Burlington is moving 173,000 carloads, they need more people than at 155.  I hope it goes to 200,000 and we'll need a lot more.  But that's happening at some of our businesses.  Not all of our businesses, but some of our businesses.  

But the unemployment rate comes down slower than the rate at which business improves.  So it's going to take a while on that.  And residential housing is still very poor.  I mean our brick business, our insulation business, those businesses have not taken off because, as I said in the end report, there's an overhang of inventory in residential housing.  I think that will be gone within a year.

BECKY:  Senator Bond has a question as well.  Senator.

SENATOR BOND:  Thank you, Becky.  Mr. Buffett, you talked about we're doing well lest somebody messes up.  And you're right and I agree with you.  There's basic strength in the economy.  But I'm very worried that the small businesses are not hiring and growing.  They are worried about taxes going up.  They are worried about the interest rates.  And I would appreciate your view on whether we are looking at paying much higher interest rates on the debt we're running up.  We just saw that advisers are saying that governments that are running deficits are going to have to start paying higher interest rates.  

When are the Chinese going to start demanding significantly higher interest rates on U.S. credit spreading high interest rates throughout the economy?

BUFFETT:  It's certainly hard to imagine deficits like we have been running or other countries have been running being consistent with low interest rates over time.  So, you know, if you could really run deficits of 10 percent on GDP and not have anything bad happen, people would have figured that out a long time ago.  It's too much fun to do.  

But there will be a price to be paid for the medicine that we used in order to break out of our panic situation, the huge deficits.  And, you know, our Congress, but governments around the world are going to have to come to grips with how they bring down those deficits or people will get very afraid of lending money.  Who wants to lend money to somebody that is going to follow a long-term policy of running deficits 10 percent?  It's unsustainable over time.  

And if you can borrow in your own money, what you have is you sowed the seeds of terrific inflation down the road.  And if you borrow in other currency, eventually people quit lending you money.

SENATOR BOND:  That message needs to go to the administration as well as Congress.  I hope they will listen to you.

BECKY:  I believe Melissa has a question as well.  Melissa.

MELISSA LEE:  Yeah.  Mr. Buffett, I wanted to get back to the issue of Lloyd Blankfein, if we can for just a moment.  I understand that you have confidence in him as a CEO.  And he certainly has done a lot for shareholders during the financial crisis.  But is it possible at this point in time in Goldman's history when it's soul-searching and trying to signal a culture change at the company that perhaps it would be best for the company to have a new CEO?

BUFFETT:  You know, he's going through a tough period.  But incidentally, Goldman Sachs, as I remember back around 1970, there was, you know, a big problem about Penn Central and the commercial paper and there was another problem when Gus Levy was in charge then.  John Weinberg was in charge some years back when something connected with the Boesky Trading caused a problem with Goldman Sachs.  

I mean you run a business for 140 years, you're going to have problems from time to time.  But listen, I'm sure we've got problems at Berkshire.  We have 260,000 people working for Berkshire.  Can you imagine that, you know, we can have a city of 260,000 people and nobody is doing anything wrong?

MELISSA:  Sure.

BUFFETT:  All we hope is we find -- I think it would be a terrible mistake to do anything with Lloyd.

MELISSA:  Well, it is interesting because he is the only financial company CEO to sort of have survived the financial crisis.  You had said earlier to Becky that if Lloyd came to you, you'd say absolutely stay on.  If Goldman's board came on and said we are thinking about replacing Lloyd, you would say no, keep him?

BUFFETT:  I would disagree with them.  

MELISSA:  You would disagree with the board?

BUFFETT:  I don't think Goldman's board has any notion of doing that.  And, you know, when we put $5 billion into Goldman in September of 2008, which was not the easiest time to invest in anybody, we had been approached by the management of numerous other large financial institutions, including large investment banks and we turned them down.

MELISSA:  Sure.

BUFFETT:  So I felt the best about Goldman in terms of not only its business operation but in its risk control.

MELISSA:  Some observers, Mr. Buffett, might compare this to your investment in Solomon in 1987 when you took a 12 percent stake.  Is that fair?  Because that certainly is going around the trading floors.  There are comparisons of Goldman's structure versus Solomon's structure during the crisis in 1991.

BUFFETT:  Well, in the case of Solomon, there was no question when I got called back there in August of 1991, there was no question something very wrong had been done, but it had been done by a bond trader.  And then the top management did not report promptly at all the transgressions of this particular trader.  And the real problem at Solomon was to essentially take away the stain that was on 8,000 people and place it properly on the stain of a bond trader that had broken a bunch of government rules.  

But we knew exactly what happened.  We found out exactly what he had done.  He clearly had broken the rules.  And we went down and presented all the evidence to the proper authorities.  And we got rid of the guy and he went to jail for a short period of time.  That's a different case than this.

JOE:  Warren, the FT seems to think that Goldman at this point is making some moves to overhaul some of its practices as a precursor to a possible settlement.  Do you think the SEC would like to settle?  When you talk to Blankfein, has he asked you, do you think a settlement is the right move to make?  Do you think it is?

BUFFETT:  Well, sometimes it gets into a business decision regardless of how you feel about the merits of a case.  But I have not talked to Lloyd about a settlement whatsoever.  The SEC, historically, I think they'd like to settle most things rather than try them.  But generally, in the judicial system, judges like you to settle rather than go to trial.  So who knows how it will play out.  But I do not see anything in the Abacus transaction -- and I have looked at it.  I do not see anything in the Abacus transaction that would cause me to want to settle simply on the legal aspects of it.  If it becomes a business decision, that's something for the board of directors of Goldman Sachs to figure out.

BECKY:  Warren, over the weekend, you said if you had to bet your life on either higher inflation or lower inflation, you'd take higher inflation and potentially much higher.

BUFFETT:  Yeah.  We are following policies which will lead to inflation accelerating.  There's no question about that.  The question is whether we will change those policies before, you know -- you lit this fuse basically.  And it's a long fuse.  And you can change policies and, therefore, blow out this fuse that's going toward the dynamite.  But if you don't, the dynamite -- it will get to the dynamite eventually.  And countries that borrow larger and larger amounts of money in relation to their output, in their own currency, pretty soon -- at some point decide they don't want to pay it back with currency at the same purchasing powers.  And the problem about inflation is it creates its own dynamic once it gets going.  And we had that in late 1970s and it took Paul Volcker and a meat axe to stop it.  And he was probably the most unpopular man in the United States for a period of time.  

But we got to 15 percent or so interest rates for governments in a 21 percent prime rate.  If Volcker hadn't come along, who knows what would have happened.  So you don't want to play around with inflationary gain.

BECKY:  But you were very much in support of the government taking the actions it did to stop and stem the financial crisis when it occurred.  What have they done that you think has been too much?  Or have they done anything?

BUFFETT:  No, I think they went all in.  And the American public needed to see they were going to go all in.  When the whole world wants to deleverage, the only party that can leverage is the government.  And the United States government did something perfectly proper.  Whether they did it perfectly, nobody knows.  But what became clear in the fall of 2008 is that the chairman of the fed and the secretary of the treasury and Sheila Bair at FDIC were willing to do extraordinary things to essentially prevent a panic.  And they were the only ones that could do it.  And I cheer them mightily for that.  That was the medicine applied to a cardiac.  And now we have to deal with the aftereffects of the medicine.  We had unprecedented amounts of medicine so we may have unprecedented difficulties in weaning us away from the problems that result from that medicine.

BECKY:  Jim Owens is the CEO of caterpillar.  He has an Op Ed in today's "Wall Street Journal" where he lays out some of the things he thinks should happen to make sure America gets back on the right path.  One of those is making sure we have a very strong and independent Federal Reserve.  Another is that American companies should only be paying taxes on their American profits that they are kicking out.  And that that would mean companies that have international operations could bring more back to the United States.  Do you think that that is a good theory?

BUFFETT:  Well, the second part of it, if you are talking about reducing taxes on corporations, which is what that is, you know, we have a huge gap between taxes and expenditures.  And somehow that has to be narrowed.  And it probably won't be narrowed by tax cuts.  So I respect him enormously.  And I know what he's talking about.  But in the end, we are taxing 15 percent, not much more than 15 percent at GDP and we're spending 25 percent of GDP.  That is not sustainable.  

And the idea of cutting taxes on anyone or any entities from this level, you know, I mean I think that would be sending the wrong message about what we regard as the sanctity of our currency over time.  If I were a bondholder in the United States and I saw that we were widening the gap by cutting taxes, that would bother me a great deal.

BECKY:  If you -- I would say most people in this country realize taxes are going higher.  But the debate is how much higher and who exactly is paying their share of the taxes.

BUFFETT:  True.

BECKY:  Is there a point where you get worried if taxes are raised to a certain level, whether that be against American corporations, whether that be taxes that are levied against the wealthiest Americans?  Is there a point where you think there's a tipping point?

BUFFETT:  Well, we have to eventually get the gap between expenditures and receipts down to maybe 2 percent of GDP.  We can handle 2 percent of GDP and growth takes care of that over time, or 3 percent perhaps.  But you can't have 10 or 12 percent.  

And taxes, you know, everybody is going to scream.  And if you cut expenditures, everybody is going to scream.  And the question is whether Congress will have the will to do what needs to be done.  And it won't be easy.  I mean, you know, Russell Long said it, you know.  Don't tax you, don't tax me, tax that fellow behind the tree.  And that's the way we all feel.  

But over time, we have been pretty responsible in this country.  Since World War II, we came out with 120 percent debt to GDP.  And we have brought that down into the 30s.  I mean we were willing to keep our expenditures under control and tax.  And we did exactly what is proper in the last two years, year and a half.  We had to stem the panic.  We had to restart the engine of America and we did.  And now we've got to figure out what we do next.

BECKY:  You mentioned two things, though.  Also bringing down expenditures.  And since that time, there have been a lot of new proposals that have either been put on the table or have actually passed and been put into action.  Are those new expenditures going to get in the way of being fiscally responsible?

BUFFETT:  Sure.  You know, I mean it's easy to promise.  And you can promise away the entire GDP, you know.  But your promises don't grow more corn or turn out more automobiles.  In the end, somehow like a family, like any kind of organization, you have to figure out a way so that your expenditures are in reasonable balance with your income.  

And like I say, you can run a couple percent of GDP.  But we have gone through a war of sorts, just like when we went through World War II.  We ran up the debt enormously in World War II.  Enormously.  But we then followed the proper procedures after World War II to get it back in line with where it should be.  We have to do the same thing after this economic war.

BECKY:  Do you think we're on the right track?

BUFFETT:  Well, I think it's just now is about the time to get started.  I'd probably let the recovery go a little further.  I'd want to be sure that we were gaining strength.  And I would want the American public to feel we were gaining strength.  I mean you need that to get the popular will.  But it's something that has to be addressed soon.

BECKY:  We are watching what happens when it's not addressed play out right now in Greece.  There was an agreement over the weekend that the IMF and the EU will be stepping in to make those loans.  It will come with some very strict austerity measures from the Greeks.  But there are people today saying it still won't matter, it still won't be enough.  The contagion will continue to spread and at the end of the day, this is just a Band-Aid on a problem that will continue to fester.  What do you think?

BUFFETT:  It's hard to tell.  You have this unusual situation in the European Union where individual countries are sovereign in determining their budgets.  They may get pressured by others, but they are sovereign in terms of their budgets but they can't print their own currency.  We can print our own currency.  We can always pay our debts in the United States as long as we borrow in dollars.  We just keep printing more dollars.  The Greeks can't do that or other members because they are tied to the euro, but they determine their own budget.  It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out because, you know, if you can sort of behave irresponsibly as one member and expect the other members to bail you out, that's an inducement, real inducement for everybody not to behave so well.  So I don't know how it's going to come out in Europe.

BECKY:  What about Portugal and Spain and even potentially Italy?

BUFFETT:  Well, I don't know the countries involved.  But you can say every member -- once one member sort of gets away with misbehaving to some degree in terms of their own budget and others bail them out, you know, that is the ultimate in moral hazard.  That's what we talk about all the time in this country.  And it's happening on a big scale in Europe.  I don't know what will happen there.  It's going to be an interesting movie to watch, but I don't know the ending.

BECKY:  You have made bets on currencies in the past.  How confident and comfortable would you feel with making a bet on the euro?

BUFFETT:  I don't feel confident now in making a bet on any currency versus another, in other words, the euro, the pound, the yen, the dollar.  I think all currencies are likely to lose value in terms of purchasing value.  And if you are betting on one versus the other, you essentially are trying to guess which one will depreciate in value the most.  But I don't like betting on the future purchasing power of any currency.

BECKY:  You don't like betting on the future purchasing power of any currency.  But would you say that the IMF and the EU have dealt with this properly to this point to try and jump in?

BUFFETT:  I don't know how it's going to play out.  They have to do something.  And what they have to avoid is contagion and moral hazard.  And who knows what's going on in the mind of bond investors all over the world.  As we said here, when they see a situation where the credit defaults went to where they were went in Greece and all that, you know, predicting economic behavior gets very tough when you get into sort of uncharted territory like this.  And like I say, I don't know the answer, so, therefore, I'm not making any bets.

BECKY:  Warren, I'd like to play some sound from Charlie Munger.  We spoke with him over the weekend.  Charlie has a way of putting things.

BUFFETT:  He does.

BECKY:  To drive home points quite well.  He talked a little bit about envy.  He was talking about where the Street is headed, what can be done to try and bring the Street back into line.  And I believe his comment -- again, I'm not sure if we have this right now in the control room.  But this comment on envy that he had is one -- I'll read it to you if we can't find it.  He said -- you have it right now?  Let's play that soundbyte from Charlie Munger.  And, Warren, you can listen in and see what he said.

CHARLIE MUNGER:  Envy is a much more serious mischief-maker than greed.

BECKY:  How so?

MUNGER:  There's something in human nature that just can't stand even if you are making $5 million a year, that dumb bastard down the street is making 7.

BECKY:  So those were his comments.  He thinks envy is the biggest problem, not greed.

BUFFETT:  Yeah.  We saw a lot of that at Solomon.  I mean you'd say how could a guy that's making 3 or $4 million a year be unhappy?  And he's not unhappy until he finds the guy next to him who he thinks he's smarter than making a few dollars more.  And as I always said, envy seems to me the silliest of the seven deadly sins.  The other guy doesn't feel it.  You just feel worse.  You are sitting there with your stomach churning because you are envious.  It doesn't make a lot sense.  

I have always said, you know, if you are going to pick some sins from the seven deadly sins, go with gluttony and lust and you can have a hell of a weekend.

BECKY:  But is there any way to legislate or regulate human emotions like that?

BUFFETT:  No.

BECKY:  Is there anything Washington can do?

BUFFETT:  No, you can't do much.  I tried on envy, various ways on compensation at Solomon.  And I'm a failure at controlling envy.  And you have to decide and you have to devise incentive systems for everybody that you work with.  

And incidentally, that's one of the objections I have to the new bill on derivatives.  I think it's a good thing overall, but I think that unless you change the incentives for the CEO and the directors of really large financial institutions, they have got all the upside and they don't have downside.  

What director of any one of a half a dozen institutions we could name that have cost shareholders hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of billions of dollars who is really suffering financially?  They may suffer in terms of losing prestige, but they are go away rich.  The directors are still getting 200 or $300,000 a year.  The CEO's still have their multiple houses and everything.  

I would have something there if you run a large financial institution and you end up having to get saved by the U.S. Government, that you and your spouse are broke and that the directors pay a significant price themselves, not that drastic.  And then you will change human behavior that way.  You can change behavior by incentives, but you can't usually change behavior by sermons, although people try every Sunday.

BECKY:  Do you have directors and officers insurance at Berkshire Hathaway?

BUFFETT:  No.  If Berkshire goes down, everybody goes down, and they should.

BECKY:  Warren, just a final thought.  Again, Goldman has been the biggest headline over the last several weeks.  Where do you think we head next?  What happens next at Goldman?

BUFFETT:  Well, it's conceivable there's some settlement.  There always is when two parties disagree on something like this.  Otherwise, it plays out over a long period of time probably.  You know, our Solomon -- Solomon took us nine months and four days.  Nine months and four days.  It felt like nine months and four days.  Every day was painful.  But it does play out over time.

BECKY:  It does play out over time.  Okay.  Another question.  One thing to take a look at is your thoughts on Moody's and the ratings agencies.  You defended the ratings agencies or at least their business model over the weekend.  Is this --

BUFFETT:  Well, I said they have got a great business model.  I mean they charge us a lot of money, and I can't negotiate it downward.  I mean I can't say if Moody’s and Standard & Poor's want to rate Berkshire or I need their rating, I can't go to them and say:  How about doing it for 10 percent less or I'll go to XYZ?  They have got me.  So they have pricing strength.  And it's a business that requires no capital whatsoever.  So here is a business with zero capital in it that has great pricing power.  That doesn't mean I defend all their actions or anything, but it does mean that they have a terrific business unless it, you know, gets changed in some way by legislation.  

I think they made the same mistakes that everybody else made.  I think they had a model in their mind and actually a model on paper that said residential real estate can't fall off a cliff.  And once they have the wrong model, they have got the wrong answer.  But they were no smarter and probably no more stupid than most of the American public.  And people may feel that they should have been smarter.  I mean that was their business.

BECKY:  All right.  Well, warren, we want to thank you very much for joining us today.  We appreciate your time.

-----  

Transcription by www.RealtimeTranscription.com

Current Berkshire stock prices:

Class B: [BRK.B  71.76    1.21  (+1.72%)   ]

Class A: [BRK.A  107595.00    1685.00  (+1.59%)   ]

For more Buffett Watch updates follow alexcrippen on Twitter.

Email comments to buffettwatch@cnbc.com

[ 本帖最后由 长白游人 于 2010-6-1 22:57 编辑 ]
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-1 23:03 | 显示全部楼层
上面的巴菲特采访有全部视频,非常不错,网址为:

http://www.cnbc.com/id/36915020//

[ 本帖最后由 长白游人 于 2010-6-2 16:55 编辑 ]
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 08:47 | 显示全部楼层
原帖由 长白游人 于 2010-6-1 22:14 发表
从上面的简历看,郑钟强在公用重组前曾是公用的董事长,但重组后被闲置了。看来其完全有可能重新执政,而非仅仅代行董事长之职,当然需要观察。如果公用复牌后连续大跌(比如跌破17元),可考虑战略建仓。

中山公用两高管不能履职 卷入“内幕交易案”
http://www.cnnb.com.cn   中国宁波网  2010-06-02 08:30:00
  [世华财讯]中山公用公告称,公司董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄暂不能履行董事长、总经理职责。两高管现正接受相关部门调查,涉嫌卷入“内幕交易案”。
  综合媒体6月2日报道,5月30日晚,广东中山市市长李启红因涉嫌严重经济违纪正接受组织调查被曝光,5月31日早盘开市前,中山公用 ( 000685 ) 临时紧急申请停牌。
  上海证券报报道,或许很多投资者没有料到,中山公用 ( 000685 ) 的停牌居然和一场“内幕交易核查风暴”有关。而卷入这场风暴的,不仅有中山公用董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄,还有大股东中汇投资的其他一些高管。“暴风眼”则是中山公用2007年那场引来前后16个涨停的重组。尽管今日复牌的中山公用并未透露与上述信息相关的内容,但仍可找到“蛛丝马迹”。
  据了解,中山公用董事长谭庆中、中山公用总经理郑旭龄因李启红“事发”,现正接受相关部门调查。据知情人士透露,谭庆中、郑旭龄5月30日被广东省公安厅控制,同时被控制的还有大股东中汇投资的其他一些高管。具体原因,则是涉嫌参与中山公用在2007年重组时的内幕交易。
  不过,上市公司并未披露两位高管的去向。今日的董事会公告称,由于谭庆中、郑旭龄暂不能履行职责,董事会会议授权董事郑钟强代理谭庆中行(601988,股吧)使董事长职责,代理郑旭龄行使总经理职责。至于是何原因造成“暂不能履行”职责以至于需要董事代理职责,公司并未作出解释。该董事会会议于5月30日晚上10:30以通讯方式召开,谭、郑两人缺席。公告还表示,目前经营稳定,运作正常,此次授权不影响公司正常运作。
  另据证券时报报道,当记者致电中山公用证券部问询公司主要领导与李启红案是否有牵连时,相关人员表示:公司经营状况一切正常,其它情况尚不清楚,一切以公告为准。
  关于李启红被查,一位在纪委工作多年的老同志向记者表示,在位市长由中纪委直接带走,并且媒体正式曝光,一般可以说违法证据确凿。李启红因何被调查?坊间流传多种版本,一说牵涉到土地房地产交易黑幕;一说李启红的亲属2007年在中山公用重组过程中,涉嫌内幕交易牟取暴利。
  业内人士表示,即便李启红是因为中山公用股票内幕交易落马,或者公司高管牵涉其中,也都只是个人行为,不会对公司基本面形成较大影响。
  (王彦彦 编辑)
稿源: 财讯网
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 08:49 | 显示全部楼层
中山公用高管异动 消息称此举或涉及李启红案

http://www.nbd.com.cn  2010-06-02 08:18:45   来源: 证券时报

导读:有媒体引述知情者的话称,李启红被查乃因涉嫌股票内幕交易。一边是市长被查,一边是上市公司紧急停牌。两者是否有某种关联?当记者致电中山公用证券部问询公司主要领导与李启红案是否有牵连时,相关人员表示:公司经营状况一切正常,其它情况尚不清楚,一切以公告为准。

5月30日晚,广东中山市市长李启红因涉嫌严重经济违纪正接受组织调查被曝光,5月31日早盘开市前,中山公用临时紧急申请停牌。

事后,有媒体引述知情者的话称,李启红被查乃因涉嫌股票内幕交易。一边是市长被查,一边是上市公司紧急停牌。两者是否有某种关联?处在风口浪尖的中山公用今日发布两则公告,一则是5月29日公司以8640万元的价格竞拍取得长安期货100%股权;另一则是5月30日公司临时董事会形成决议,因公司董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄暂不能履行董事长、总经理职责,为保证公司正常运作,授权公司董事郑钟强代理谭庆中行使董事长职责,代理郑旭龄行使总经理职责。据悉,此次临危受命的董事郑钟强是中山公用的前任董事长。

当记者致电中山公用证券部问询公司主要领导与李启红案是否有牵连时,相关人员表示:公司经营状况一切正常,其它情况尚不清楚,一切以公告为准。

关于李启红被查,一位在纪委工作多年的老同志向记者表示,在位市长由中纪委直接带走,并且媒体正式曝光,一般可以说违法证据确凿。李启红因何被调查?坊间流传多种版本,一说牵涉到土地房地产交易黑幕;一说李启红的亲属2007年在中山公用重组过程中,涉嫌内幕交易牟取暴利。

2007年1月,李启红任中山市市长,上任后在资本市场上烧的第一把火就是重组中山公用。2007年7月4日,中山公用因资产重组停牌,到8月20日复牌时,连续一字形封死14个涨停板,股价短期涨幅高达300%。吸收合并重组后,中山中汇投资集团有限公司取代中山公用集团成为公司的第一大股东,公司名称也由公用科技更名为中山公用,原上市公司的主要领导均被撤换,重组后的新任董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄曾经分别担任中国银河基金管理公司的总经理和银河证券深圳总部营销中心总经理。

业内人士介绍,公司竞得具有股指期货交易资格的长安期货100%股权,意味着除了做好水务等主业外,还有意打造除公用事业之外的另一个金融产业平台,为公司的可持续增长注入新的动力。

业内人士表示,即便李启红是因为中山公用股票内幕交易落马,或者公司高管牵涉其中,也都只是个人行为,不会对公司基本面形成较大影响。

(来源:证券时报 )
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 12:48 | 显示全部楼层
中山公用陷落中山窝案 失踪两高管均出自银河系2010年06月01日 22:1921世纪经济报道【大 中 小】 【打印】 共有评论1条雷李平

中山公用 (SZ:000685)最新价:17.69  1.77 9.1%行情走势 公司新闻 最新公告大单追踪 资金流向 持仓成本股票预警 优股预测 龙虎榜6月1日,知情人士向记者表示,中山公用[17.69 -9.10%](000685.SZ)董事长谭庆中和总经理郑旭龄或同时出事。中山公用董秘办人士则告诉记者,“我们接到通知,董事长和总经理目前不在公司,出差了。”

1日晚间,中山公用发布公告称,因董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄暂不能履行董事长、总经理职责,为保证公司正常运作,授权董事郑钟强代理谭庆中行使董事长职责,代理郑旭龄行使总经理职责。

中山公用延时一天披露的重大信息,虽然回避了“不能履行董事长、总经理职责”的原因,却间接证实,谭庆中和郑旭龄出现了异常情况。

与此同时,中山公用披露了收购陕西省长安期货经纪有限公司(下称长安期货)100%股权的信息:5月29日,公司以8640万元竞得长安期货100%股权,并与西飞集团、西飞铝业签署《股权转让协议》。不过,此次收购尚需取得证监会许可同意。

二高管同时“出差”

5月31日,中山公用公告称,“5月30日晚接到公司控股股东中山中汇集团有限公司通知,因公司有重大事项尚待核实,为避免股价异常波动,保护投资者利益,公司特申请5月31日起停牌,直至相关事项明晰并公告后复牌。”

当天有媒体披露,中山市市长李启红5月30日因涉嫌经济犯罪被中纪委带走,李被查乃因涉嫌股票内幕交易,涉及的公司为中山公用。此次案件,一共牵涉十多人,其中五人来自李启红家族,包括李启红夫妇,李的一位弟弟、弟媳和妹妹。

1日,有中山本地人士表示,30号晚上被带走的人员除五人跟李家有关系,当中还包括中山公用的老总和一个关健人物。

坊间另有传闻称,“中山公用停牌就是涉及与市长内幕交易,还有其他相关收购,市长已经被中纪委带走,同时还有10多个人接受调查,包括公用的4个关键人。”

对于上述说法,中山公用董秘办没有直接否认,而是强调,“公司停牌是因为接到大股东的通知,至于是否是其他原因,得问大股东。目前,公司生产经营一切正常。”

不过,针对记者提出的采访公司负责人的要求,中山公用前台表示,不清楚董事长和总经理是否在公司。董秘办人士迟疑片刻后告诉记者,“总经理不在,董事长也出差了,都不在公司。我们只是接到内部通知说出差了,什么时候走的,哪天回来我们也不知道。不过,副总还在公司。”

公司董事长和总经理在如此敏感时刻双双“出差”,不免令人生疑。

有接近中山公用的知情人士听闻该消息后向记者表示,“中山公用的总经理和董事长是一起的,这个时候不在公司,应该是出事了。”

事实上,1日晚间,中山公用的公告显示,公司2010年第2次临时董事会会议于5月30日(星期日)晚上10:30以通讯表决方式召开,出席会议的董事应到9人,实到7人,董事长谭庆中先生、董事郑旭龄先生缺席。

中山公用表示,郑钟强代理时间自本决议通过之日起至董事会认为有必要改选董事长或重新聘任总经理并通过改选董事长议案或聘任总经理议案,或者董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄恢复履行职责之日止。

董事长、总经理均出身银河

公开资料显示,谭庆中现任中山公用董事长,同时兼任中山中汇投资集团有限公司(下称中汇投资)党委书记、董事长;曾任银河证券中山营业部总经理,银河证券资产管理总部副总经理,银河基金管理公司副总经理、总经理。

郑旭龄现任中山公用董事、总经理,兼任中汇投资董事。曾任银河证券中山小榄营业部总经理,银河基金市场部总监,银河证券深圳总部营销中心总经理。

而中汇投资是中山市委、市政府为保持中山市公用事业[1916.19 -1.12%]产业的资源优势[2284.03 -1.49%],实现公用事业产业优质资产证券化,有效拓宽中山市融资渠道,对原中山公用事业集团实施重大资产重组、整体上市组建的国有独资企业集团。

“谭庆中和郑旭龄都没有实业经营经验,均来自银河证券和银河基金。谭是资本运作高手,但他不一定是企业经营的人才。2007年,中山公用重组,谭庆中是李启红点的将,操盘重组事宜,而2007年中山公用的重组正是李启红一手抓,现在李出事了,谭能没事吗?”前述接近中山公用的知情人士透露。

未经证实的消息称,本次涉及的内幕交易或与中山公用2007年8-9月重组启动时连续16个涨停有关。中山本地则有颇多传闻指谭庆中与李启红关系密切,其出事或与中山污水处理厂项目有关。“中山市是广东省甚至全国第一个镇镇都有污水处理厂的城市。这些污水处理厂项目就有李启红亲戚干的,而中山公用高层则扮演幕前角色。”

目前,这些传闻尚无法证实。但污水、废液处理正是中山公用的三大主业之一,其污水、废液处理业务2009年营业收入为8037.55万元,占主营业务收入的10.76%;贡献营业利润3726.45万元,毛利率高达46.36%。

2007年启动的重组中,原公用科技以8.15元/股换股吸收合并公用集团及新增股份收购五家乡镇供水公司供水资产,合计发行股份438457067股。

今年5月14日,中山公用发布银河证券的重组督导报告指出,截至2008年,原公用科技吸收合并公用集团涉及的资产负债交接事宜基本完成,但中山市珍家山污水处理有限公司的污水处理工程,因尚未正式投产运营仍暂未置入上市公司。

目前,该污水处理资产仍是中山公用未来资产注入的关注点。业内人士认为,此次,如若证实李启红案与污水处理项目有关,那么,不排除该污水处理厂置入事宜存在变数。

中邮系重仓

尽管中山公用收购长安期货的公告宣称,作为以城市公用事业服务为主的国有控股大型上市公司,经过多年发展,已形成以环保水务为龙头,商业地产和金融产业股权投资为两翼的发展架构,但如果中山公用停牌确因李启红涉嫌股票内幕交易,那么这将是中山公用的重大利空。

统计显示,2008年第四季度至2010年一季度末,先后有十几只公募基金、保险基金和私募出现在中山公用前十大流通股股东中。

其中,人寿-个人分红-005L-FH002和人寿-传统-普通保险产品-005L-CT001两只保险基金分别在2009年第三季度和第一季度介入,最初持股196.93万股和105万股,经过多次增仓、减持到今年一季度末,两者仍分别持有265.3万股和125万股。由于介入和减持时间均较早,二者目前仍有较高收益。

嘉实和华夏沪深300[0.78 -1.02%]则分别在2009年第二季度和第四季度首次持股中山公用,初始持股分别为108.81万股和76.79万股,到今年一季度,嘉实沪深300连续两季度小幅减持后持股115.2万股;华夏沪深300则持续增仓至96.79万股。从其持股平均成本看,以目前价位计算,二只基金浮亏30%左右。

中邮核心成长[0.61 -1.18%]和中邮核心优选[1.24 -1.30%]最早重仓持有中山公用。

2008年第四季度,中邮核心成长首次持股1082.86万股,中邮核心优选则持有832.32万股。直到2009年底,除中邮核心优选在2009年第三季度减持779万股外,两只基金均保持大额的增仓态势。

截至2009年末,中邮核心成长和中邮核心优选分别持股2745.74万股和1633.7万股。从价格趋势看,两只基金的初始成本在11元左右,经过多次增仓后,2009年底的成本约在30元水平,中邮系两只基金获益丰厚。

6月1日,中邮核心成长基金经理盛军告诉记者,买入中山公用主要是看好其持股券商概念,看好广发证券[33.10 0.24%]。

至于此次中山公用停牌的影响以及未来如何操作,他表示,这都要看最后的处理结果。

实际上,今年一季度,中邮核心成长和中邮核心优选已经开始大规模减持。截至3月末,二只基金持股分别降至2216.89万股和848.41万股,分别减持528.85万股和785.29万股。

但是,中邮系二只基金合计持股数量仍超过3000万股,稳坐前两大流通股股东交椅。按照3月31日中山公用28.24元收盘价计算,持股市值达8.66亿元。

而截至停牌前的5月28日,该股已跌至19.46元。
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-6-2 15:11 | 显示全部楼层
活该被抓了       陈绍基不行了   她也跑不掉了

退休年龄还不退休   也太贪了
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-1-11

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 17:03 | 显示全部楼层

辽宁成大分拆悬疑:成大生物利润率逐年下滑

最近中山公用适逢多事之秋,所以转载了几篇报道。成大的分拆也渐露端倪,唯有敖东成为消息真空期。下面转载一片成大的相关文章------

辽宁成大分拆悬疑:成大生物利润率逐年下滑
时间:2010年06月02日 07:23:21 中财网  

5月28日,辽宁成大(600739.SH)公告称,公司董事会审议通过了关于公司控股子公司辽宁成大生物股份有限公司(以下简称成大生物)启动分拆上市工作的议案,公司拟将成大生物分拆至深圳证券交易所创业板上市,并于近期启动上市辅导。
  公司表示,成大生物是否能上市, 取决于中国证监会及相关监管部门的批准,存在较大不确定性。
  但市场却已对成大生物的上市充满预期。已有多位分析师对成大生物的业务前景以及上市后对于辽宁成大的重估进行了细致的测算。
  自分拆上市政策传出,市场就对其怀抱热情。市场认为,分拆上市公司一般具有较有特色业务以及较高成长性,上市后也将给母公司和其本身发展带来机遇。
  然而从辽宁成大2007年至2009年三年的年报中,记者却发现成大生物的利润率呈逐年下滑趋势,而其未来成长性也仍有待观察。
  利润率逐年下滑
  根据成大生物的公司网站的介绍,成大生物于2002年6月在沈阳市成立,由辽宁成大与辽宁省生物医学工程研究院共同组建。
  辽宁成大历年的年报显示,在这家注册资本达1亿元、2009年总资产规模达7.35亿元的公司中,辽宁成大的持股比例和表决权比例均为54.79%。
  2004年,公司技术开始了成大速达人用狂犬病疫苗的工业化生产,年产规模达800万人份以上,2005年5月8日产品正式上市。成大生物自此成为辽宁成大在生物制药业务的平台。
  同时,成大生物还陆续研发出人用乙脑灭活疫苗、人用肾功能出血热疫苗、流行性感冒疫苗和甲肝疫苗等。
  根据成大生物的介绍,目前,人用乙脑疫苗已经获得生产文号,2005年9月开始兴建的3000m2的乙脑疫苗生产车间已经获得国家的GMP验收,并与多个国家达成购买意向。人用肾功能出血热疫苗研发阶段已经结束,正在申请三期临床。流行性感冒疫苗研发也取得突破性进展,2008年底开始一期临床,预计3-5年后,新一代的细胞培养流感疫苗即将上市。
  就目前来看,成大生物还是主要依靠人用狂犬病疫苗作为主打产品。如辽宁成大在2009年年报中所言,"乙脑疫苗仍处于市场导入期,需要时间培育市场。"
  记者翻阅辽宁成大2007年至2009年三年的年报发现,2007年至2009年,辽宁成大的生物制药业务分别实现净利润2.48亿元、1.45亿元和2亿元。
  2009年,辽宁成大的生物制药业务的营业收入4.32亿元,而营业成本却仅为5674万元,营业利润率高达86.88%,不过,这个数字相较2008年仍下降了3.32%。
  2008年,辽宁成大的生物制药业务的营业收入为3.23亿元,营业成本为3219万元,营业利润率90.2%。也就是说,2009年的营业收入较2008年上升了34.02%,但是,营业成本的上升却高达74.27%,这是导致2009年利润率下滑的主要原因。
  对此,辽宁成大并没有在年报中做出解释。
  而在2007年,辽宁成大的生物制药业务的营业收入为3.98亿元,营业成本为3679万元,营业利润率90.76%。
  由此可见,三年中,其生物制药业务的营业利润率呈现了逐年的下滑趋势。
  不过,成大生物的业绩显然也受到了宏观环境的影响,例如2007年的经济过热和2008年的经济突然下滑构成了公司财务数据异常的宏观背景。
  高成长性悬疑
  "近年来,疫苗行业产生了无序的竞争,使整个市场面临一种供大于求的局面,而2009年这种局面得到了很大的改善,当年年初,国家进一步加强了对疫苗行业的监管力度,增加了人用狂犬病疫苗的检验内容,业内一些企业因技术原因导致产品无法达标,长期来看,整个市场将在更健康的平台上发展。"北京某券商的一位分析师认为。
  国泰君安则做出了更为量化的预测:凭借技术优势,成大生物的领先优势将进一步扩大。2010年前4月成大生物的批签发份额已提升至71%。由此预期,今年成大生物销量将达700万-800万人份;净利润可达5亿元,同比增长125%。其今年可为辽宁成大贡献业绩0.33元。而按照目前生物疫苗公司的估值水平,保守预期成大持有的成大生物市值可达100亿元以上,增厚每股净资产10元左右。
  另外,值得注意的是,根据辽宁成大的2009年年报,根据《高新技术企业认定管理办法》(国科发火[2008]172号)及其附件《国家重点支持的高新技术领域》的规定,公司的控股子公司辽宁成大生物股份有限公司被辽宁省科学技术厅、辽宁省财政厅、辽宁省国家税务局、辽宁省地方税务局四部门认定为高新技术企业,认定有效期为3年,有效期自2009年1月至2011年12月,有效期内按15%的税率计缴企业所得税。
  而辽宁成大的其他子公司以及辽宁成大自身,则按照25%征收企业所得税。
  同时,辽宁成大的2009年年报还透露,截至2009年12月31日止,成大生物账面原值为6366万元的房屋及建筑物的产权证书正在办理中。
  对于2010年的规划,在生物制药领域,辽宁成大表示,"进一步加大研发力度,拓宽疫苗领域的产品线;抓住市场机遇,巩固国内人用狂犬病疫苗行业龙头地位;同时奋力拓展国际市场,重点是做好印度市场的拓展工作;做好本溪生产基地建设工作。"
  根据本溪当地媒体透露的信息,坐落在本溪的辽宁成大健康产业园项目创造了中国药都迄今为止的"三最":投资额最大,总投资15亿人民币;占地面积最大,总面积45万平方米;项目质量最高,兽用疫苗、国外仿制药、保健品这三种园区主要产品,科技含量高且市场前景广阔,为中国药都目前急需引进的项目类型。该项目将于明年4月份开工,建设期36个月,全部达产后年销售收入将达到30亿元。(.21.世.纪.经.济.报.道 .赵.婷)
  中财网
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 19:59 | 显示全部楼层

机构借利空日抛中山公用5700万 中邮系受伤最重

机构借利空日抛中山公用5700万 中邮系受伤最重http://www.sina.com.cn  2010年06月02日 18:56  新浪财经
  新浪财经讯 6月2日下午消息,受市场传闻中山公用(18.15,-1.31,-6.73%)董事长和总经理双双被停职可能与中山市女市长李启红案有关影响,中山公用今日股价放量跌6.73%,有机构不惜代价狂卖5700万元出逃。而位列中山公用第一、二大流通股东的中邮系两只基金最受伤,单日市值蒸发超过4000万元。

5月30日广东中山市市长李启红因涉嫌股票内幕交易案被调查。

5月31日中山公用紧急停牌,6月1日晚间中山公用发布公告称董事长谭庆中、总经理郑旭龄暂不能履行董事长、总经理职责,授权公司董事郑钟强代理董事长和总经理职责。

与此同时市场传言中山公用董事长牵涉市长内幕交易,而中山公用昨日的公告中并未解释两高管不能履职的原因,也未否认公司是否牵连李启红调查案。

不过中山公用股价显然受到利空传闻波及,中山公用今日复牌后股价一度触及跌停板,收盘报18.15元,下跌6.73%,成交2.98亿元,成交量是前一交易日的2.5倍。

来自深交所的交易数据显示,今日有单一机构狂卖5760万元。以今日成交均价17.78元计,抛售股份超过323万股,占今日总成交量的19.29%。而买入前5家营业部总计才1676.6万元,不及其三成抛售量。

据中山公用一季报资料显示,排在其流通股东前三位的分别是中邮核心成长持股2216万股,中邮核心优选持股848.4万股,中国人寿(24.15,-0.18,-0.74%)-个人分红-005L-FH002持股265.3万股。

分析人士认为,除非中国人寿季报后再度增持中山公用,否则今日出逃的机构应为中邮系中的某只基金无疑。

中邮系2只基金显然是中山公用此次风波的最大受害者,如不计今日抛出股份,2只基金市值单日合计损失超过4000万元。

中邮核心成长基金经理盛军曾表示买入中山公用主要是看好其广发证券(35.12,2.10,6.36%)第三大股东的身份,不过显然今日广发证券大涨6.36%并没有对冲掉中山公用的利空传闻。(王霄 发自上海)
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 20:10 | 显示全部楼层

超越投资的智慧———《穷查理宝典》读后感

超越投资的智慧
2010-06-01 作者: [发表评论 (0)]   【PDF版】
  作为投资大师巴菲特的多年合作伙伴,查理·芒格是伯克希尔公司的二号人物。但与巴菲特相比,芒格却并不为多数人所关注。这与芒格刻意为之的谦虚低调的处世态度不无关系。
   在《穷查理宝典》一书中,全面展现了查理·芒格这个传奇人物的聪明才智。在投资上,芒格推崇的投资原则有:逆向思维,凡事总是反过来想;拥有良好性格,毫不焦躁地持有看好的股票;在自己“能力圈”中做投资,并不断拓展;等待好机会出现,一旦出现,倾全力投资。这些投资原则中不无巴菲特选股思想的影子。实际上,是芒格特有的投资哲学影响了巴菲特,并让他们赚了大钱。
   世人皆知巴菲特的老师是格雷厄姆,其提倡“捡烟屁股”的价值投资理念更是被巴菲特发扬光大。而芒格的一个重要投资哲学则是买价格公道的成长股,他甚至认为,股价公道的伟大企业比股价超低的普通企业好。正是芒格的影响,才使得他们不至于错过很多伟大企业的投资机会。从这个意义上,巴菲特的投资风格是价值投资,而芒格的投资风格更像成长投资,如巴菲特对比亚迪的投资,就是来自于芒格的说服。
   超越投资的智慧,尤其是那些普世智慧,是芒格倾其一生做的事情。芒格认为,投资能力的培养,需要基本、普世的智慧,所谓普世智慧是需要跨学科的学习方法才能获得。而最好的自学方式是所谓的“拿来主义”,就是通过读书阅读,广泛的吸取各学科中作出贡献的前人的思想。芒格跨学科的普世智慧,不仅包括了对物理、数学、经济学,还包括了心理学、行为金融学的涉猎阅读。阅读书中记录的讲稿,我们会发现每隔几页就会出现某些哲学家、思想家、经济学家等的一些例子与警句。
   (兴业全球基金总经理 杨东)
来源:齐鲁晚报
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 20:10 | 显示全部楼层

银华基金:辉煌背后的良师益友

银华基金:辉煌背后的良师益友2010年05月31日 01:38第一财经日报【大 中 小】 【打印】 共有评论0条银华基金/文

“他是独一无二的,他用思想的力量,拓展我的视野,让我以非同寻常的速度从猩猩进化到人类。”“他更像一位老师,显然正是因为他对我们的教导,伯克希尔才得以成为一家更有价值且受人尊敬的公司。”——巴菲特

如果说巴菲特以及他的伯克希尔是投资界当之无愧的传奇,那么这个被巴菲特誉为“独一无二”的则是伯克希尔的董事会副主席——查理·芒格,尽管与巴菲特的誉满天下相比,查理·芒格是那么低调。

查理·芒格1924年出生于奥马哈,1948年以优异的成绩毕业于哈佛法学院,在洛杉矶从事法律工作。

“我对于致富非常狂热。”芒格坦言,“但这并不是因为我想要买法拉利——我想要的是可以独立的能力。”1965年,芒格为了避免在满足难以对付的客户时抹杀自我,退出律师行业,开始走上追寻财务自由之路。

29岁的沃伦·巴菲特和35岁的查理·芒格相遇时,巴菲特的导师本杰明·格雷厄姆告别投资界,格雷厄姆的隐退让巴菲特感到非常失落——他需要一个新的和他有共鸣的人;而芒格跟格雷厄姆如此相像——诚实、脚踏实地、旺盛的好奇心以及不受传统观念约束,于是两人一见如故,惺惺相惜。

与巴菲特全身心地投入到投资事务相比,芒格则涉猎广泛,“他每年要看几百本传记,还能全部吸收并记住。”巴菲特坦言,“查理的思维跨度比我要宽得多,他把我推向了另一个方向,而不是像格雷厄姆那样只建议购买便宜货,这是他思想的力量。”

芒格把商业法律的视角带到了投资这一金融领域,他与巴菲特经常彻夜商讨投资机会。“他懂得内在规律,能比常人更迅速准确地分析和评价任何一桩买卖,是一个完美的合作者。”一位合伙人感叹道,“巴菲特把他当做最后的秘密武器。”

两人双剑合璧导演了一连串经典的投资案例:蓝筹印花是芒格和巴菲特合作投资的首个大赢家;而从收购喜诗糖果公司开始,芒格促使巴菲特一改格雷厄姆的投资理论,改走购买优质企业的方向;此外对联合棉花商店、伊利诺斯国民银行、威斯科金融公司等一系列投资举措奠定了伯克希尔公司早期的辉煌。

1978年芒格正式出任伯克希尔公司的董事会副主席。两年后,芒格由于白内障手术失败不幸失去了左眼的视力,不过这似乎并不妨碍他作为伯克希尔公司的“精神领袖”,巴菲特说:“我是芒格的眼睛,芒格是我的耳朵。”巴菲特与芒格这对黄金搭档创造了有史以来最优秀的投资纪录:在过去40年里,伯克希尔以年均24%的增速突飞猛进,目前市值已接近1300亿美元,拥有并运营着超过65家企业。
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 20:14 | 显示全部楼层

理财笔记:巴菲特的新买卖

理财笔记:巴菲特的新买卖
汇丰晋信 2010-05-31 11:07:17
巴菲特的市场动向一直是各路投资者关注的重点。不久前,媒体又透露了巴老最新的买卖动作:抛食品和消费股,买保险和环保股!
巴菲特在今年第一季度减持的公司包括卡夫食品、强生公司和宝洁公司,以及抛售了医疗保健公司UnitedHealth Group和Wellpoint.,出售了所有SunTrust银行的股权。而他买入的股票为慕尼黑再保险公司、垃圾处理公司Republic Services和信息管理公司Iron Mountain等。
从这个几买几卖的动作可以明显看出,巴老主要抛售了食品类和消费类的公司,以及银行,买入的有保险企业和环保企业。虽然这只是一些个别的企业,但巴菲特作为典型的自下而上选股的代表,还是带有一些行业判断的。抛售消费股的意图很明显,随着美国经济的二次探底,美国的以前依靠国内消费拉动经济的增长模式的持续性值得怀疑;同时,银行的资产质量状况也堪忧。但同样是金融企业,保险业在经济萧条时相对银行要安全一些;而环保行业更是目前炙手可热的低碳题材!
不过,巴老的思路未必能照搬照抄到中国来。最主要的一点就是,国内的消费股仍然是目前及可见的未来的好主题。中国以前靠投资和出口来拉动经济,而目前投资乘数的效应日渐萎缩,再用巨额财政投资去推只能加大通胀的危险,出口也面临人民币升值压力、贸易结构转型和海外市场低迷的诸多问题,所以消费是中国最能拿得起的称手武器了。
当然,巴老对投资企业的取舍的思路还是很值得国内投资者学习。比如准确的捕捉行业的进入时机,同时又能选准最有潜力的企业。比如那些消费类企业,都是一流的国际大公司。
市场评述临近月末,市场在经历了疾风骤雨般的快速下跌后终于得到了喘息的机会。上周一的跳空上涨,虽然未能带动指数出现市场期盼的连续反弹,但其后几日缩量震荡的走势打破了近一个月来压制指数的下降通道。
自上半年以来,政策导向成为影响今年市场走向的主导因素,而随着宏观调控的收紧以及房地产调控力度不断超预期,市场对经济的增长出现了比较悲观的预期,从而造成了4月末以来指数的下跌,但进入5月下旬,政府在保障房建设、区域经济发展等方面的一些政策积极变化,使得宏观经济极度收缩的预期有所缓和,经济下滑的风险得到一定程度的对冲。上周指数的止跌反弹,主要即来自市场对原先过度悲观预期的修正。而上周保险资金入市比例放宽的政策调整和公开市场净投放的再次出现,在流动性方面更是给市场带来了一定的积极因素。
然而,我们也应该注意到,虽然指数具备短线反弹的条件,但中长期的不确定仍然存在。首先,通胀压力的存在使得宏观调控的阴影无法消除;其次,欧债危机的扩大迹象使得外围市场的动荡加剧,A股市场最终将可能难以独善其身。而农行的IPO、工行的再融资带来的融资压力也将直接对当前市场形成挤压。
综合以上因素,我们认为,经历前期的大幅调整后,市场的系统性风险已经得到了很大程度的释放,但在投资者普遍的担忧情绪下,市场较难走出连续向上的反转行情,预计短期内将维持震荡筑底的走势。
债券市场上周,央行公开市场操作力度大幅减弱,在发行350亿元央票后,向市场净投放1450亿元资金。3个月期央票 继上周中标收益率上涨之后本周再次上涨4个基点,有利于缩窄与资金利率的倒挂空间;而1年期央票发行收益率维持稳定,则表明了货币政策的维稳意图。
上周,银行间回购利率继续大幅上涨,3月期央票利率与隔夜回购加权利率倒挂扩至近80个基点,显示资金面的紧张并没有得到缓解。货币市场利率的明显波动已经表现出银行间市场流动性处于由宽松到紧张的临界水平。预计在接下来的一段时间内,货币政策在继续维稳的同时,将加强短期流动性的管理,调整短期资金回笼结构,以缓解货币市场资金面紧张的状况。

本文源自21世纪网,文章地址:http://www.21cbh.com/HTML/2010-5-31/yNMDAwMDE3OTgyNw.html 复制链接【21世纪网】本文网址:http://www.21cbh.com/HTML/2010-5 ... p&position=fund
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 20:20 | 显示全部楼层
巴菲特搭档查理·芒格的选择
2010年05月28日09:36 来源: 手机免费访问:hexun.com 好文我顶(0)

作为伯克希尔副主席和第二大股东,查理·芒格(Charlie Munger)的知名度远不及他的合作伙伴——巴菲特。但是,被巴菲特称为“比我认识的任何一个人都要聪明”的芒格,却是伯克希尔的灵魂人物,巴菲特甚至谦虚地说:“正是因为芒格对我们的教导,伯克希尔才得以成为一家更有价值而且受人尊敬的公司。”

推荐阅读
探秘绿豆涨价“虚火”:从“弃儿”到香饽饽 大众汽车:天赐良机
吴长江:雷士照明的成长密码 物联网:从智能微尘到智慧地球 潘石屹:艰苦经历是我的财富 范冰冰“龙袍”中的营销术 从天价大米看高端营销 从杜拉拉看职场中的情商价值   论起财富,芒格远远低于巴菲特,而这种状况,在某种程度上是芒格有意为之的。芒格曾说,他的目标是让自己的财务恰好保持在福布斯富豪榜名单的水准之下,这样他就能完全避开聚光灯。可惜,他的愿望并没有达成。1998年的时候,芒格的财富就已经超过了12亿美元,在全美富豪的排行榜上,芒格排在了那些声明显赫的人物前面,包括迪斯尼的老板迈克尔·艾斯纳(Micheal Eisner)和希尔顿酒店集团的继承人威廉·希尔顿(William Hilton),就连大名鼎鼎的硅谷富豪乔布斯也远不及芒格。独特的财富观,代表了芒格所选择的生活方式:他和家人能够长期享受着亿万富翁的生活,却不为声名所累。

与巴菲特一样,芒格没有继承任何财产,他的财富纯粹是来自于他的自身意志力和天生的商业才干。尽管年轻时经历了第二次世界大战,但是应征入伍的芒格却没有参与过任何军事的行动,而是一直驻扎在阿拉斯加西部的一个城镇。但是,军中的生涯让芒格磨炼出一项非常重要的技能——打牌。

芒格说:“在军队里和当小律师的打牌经验锻炼了我的经商技巧,你必须学会的是在形势不利的情况下,及早认输,而如果有大牌在手,就要下重注,因为你不常拿到大牌。机会出现,但不是经常的事,所以,一旦它降临就要紧紧地抓住。”这也是为什么,日后芒格会建议投资者,并希望自己的家人也跟随这个方法,那就是将所有财富的90%都投入到一家公司中,只要这家公司是一个正确的选择。而芒格的这一特点,也彻底改变了巴菲特的投资策略。

在遇到芒格之前,信奉格雷厄姆理论的巴菲特,已经能够熟练地分辨“好生意”还是“坏生意”了。由于师从格雷厄姆,巴菲特之前的投资策略一直是寻找被市场低估的优质资产。芒格也赞同格雷厄姆最基本的理论,即“对于私人投资者来说,价值的最基本概念就是当你买进卖出证券时,衡量依据是内在价值而不是当时的价格”。芒格认为这一理论永远都不过时:“投资游戏总是要同时考虑质量和价格,关键就是用付出的价格得到更好的质量,事情就是那么简单。”

但是,在芒格看来,格雷厄姆的思想中还存在一些盲点,那就是,他没有意识到有些生意值得前期投入。巴菲特对此的评价是:“格雷厄姆教会我买便宜货,而查理把我推进了不要光买便宜货的投资方向。”正是芒格扩宽了巴菲特对“好生意”的理解,巴菲特于是“开始热衷于以适合的价钱购买优质的业务”。这一转变对于巴菲特意义巨大,用巴菲特的话来说,“如果没有认识芒格,我会比现在穷很多”。1972年,他们以账面价值3倍的价钱买下了喜诗糖果(See's Candy),开创了好生意的年代。

在每一年伯克希尔的股东大会上,面对众多巴菲特和芒格的信徒,他们被问到最多的一个问题就是:“你是如何成为一个伟大的投资人的?”芒格的答案是:首先,你必须了解自己的天性,每个人都必须在考虑自己的边际效用和心理承受能力后才能开始加入游戏。如果亏损会让你痛苦,而有些亏损又不可避免的话,那么你最好明智地毕生都选择一种非常保守的投资和储蓄方式,所以,你必须将自己的天性和天分融入到自己的投资策略中。芒格认为,没有一种普遍适用的投资策略。

然后,你要收集信息。芒格称,自己和巴菲特从优秀的商业杂志中学到的比其他任何地方都多。他认为,如果人们在潜意识里养成一种习惯,把独到的东西和所证明的基本概念联系起来,渐渐地就会积累起一些有关投资的智慧。如果没有进行过大量的阅读,一个人不太有可能成为一个广泛意义上真正出色的投资人。

芒格解释说,一个人的阅读范围不应该是随机的。你必须对自己为什么要搜集这些信息有一个概念,在开始收集资料之前就想好要了解哪些事实,然后去判断所看到的数据是否符合这些基本概念。“通常你需要评判一门回报很好的生意。接下来的问题是:'这样的情况能维持多久?’我只知道一种方法来回答这个问题,那就是思考是什么造成了现在的现象,然后再去弄明白造成这些结果的要素多久后将不复存在。”

这种思考模式,让芒格和巴菲特能发掘出那些拥有特许经营模式或者一款特定产品的出色公司,这种情况被他们称为是公司业务的“护城河”。例如,拥有一个强有力的品牌就是“护城河”的一种形式,这让公司能够长久地维持竞争优势(310368,基金吧),可口可乐就是他们经常举出的例子。

而一旦了解了公司的价值所在,接下来你就要确定如果全面买下的话,这家公司值多少钱。问题的难点在于,一个公司的股票高于账面价值的8倍,而其他的公司不过是账面价值的3倍的话,那么,尽管大家都知道这个公司很好,但是它的价格是不是已经高到足够反映它的优势了呢?

是否有能力回答这一问题,就解释了为什么有人投资成功而有人没有。“不过话说回来,要不是这个问题有点难度的话,每个人都会变得很有钱。”芒格说。(本文根据《查理.芒格传》一书编写,该书由中国人民大学出版社提供资料,2009年11月第一版)

【作者:珍妮特·洛尔 来源:21世纪经济报道】 (责任编辑:马艳芳)
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-2 21:30 | 显示全部楼层

转载:投资杂感 ------作者:福尔摩斯

长白游人按:下面是徐星价值投资的掌门“福尔摩斯”的系列文章,我将其编辑在一起,以便于阅读和学习。
原文链接:http://www.xxtz.com.cn/cgi-bin/xxbbs/bbsxp/

“趋势投资”与“价值投资”能结合吗?——兼谈股价的“合理性”

2002年12月末,“624”行情后阴跌了半年之久后,空仓许久的我预感到大盘要“见底”,这个底按我判断甚至可能成为熊市的“大底”。于是准备买一只“最好”的股票,当时我盯上了研究已久的不足13元的“盐湖钾肥”(0792)满仓买入。而一位朋友则给我不断说当时不足8元的“长安汽车”(0625)业绩将有大幅增长等等,但我不以为然。我选股的理由是要从长久看这些公司应否具有持续的经营优势,或者说即使放上任意长的时间,不管未来宏观经济如何变化它们都会有良好业绩和增长等等,而如果仅仅是某阶段公司业绩增长,但长期看则不能肯定的公司,那我是看不上的。

03年年初市场果然真的见底上涨。但是,一直到5月份几乎半年的时间里,我最看好的盐湖钾肥却步履蹒跚,几个月内仅仅从13元多涨至到16元多,而那位喊我“老师”的朋友讲的长安汽车却翻了个倍,从不足8元涨到了17元多。心里这个郁闷啊!

不仅如此,当时似乎凡是我看好的股似乎都很“肉”,如盐湖钾肥、东阿阿胶等等;而我一贯看不上的那些股如钢铁、汽车、发电、地产等等周期性股票,统统地一个赛一个地强劲上涨。

还有更“悲惨”的。现在高价贵族股云南白药、贵州茅台等等,在当时甚至是逆势不断的创新低:大盘03年年初从1311涨至5月份的1600点以上,但白药却从年初的17元多5个月后跌至13元多(当时的价格,未复权);贵州茅台更惨,从年初在长安汽车等不断上涨时一路阴跌直到9月份,从相当于28元跌至20元。

对这阶段的市场现象,我曾有如下的反思:

1.如果一个投资人既有“价值投资人”的卓越眼光——能在2003年年初就能发现云南白药、贵州茅台等“好公司”;又有“趋势投资”人敏锐的“市场感觉”——即总能炒到打底或逃大顶,能准确地捕捉到当时1311的“大底”,又能在1649见顶后及时逃顶,并预言大盘将至少跌至1000点—— 一个人同时具有这两种本领,且要把这两种本领“结合”起来,那么在03年这段时间内会怎么呢?如果当时试图去“结合”,那叫什么呢?痛苦不堪,左右不是人!

2.市场某时总有流行的“热点”,也有被冷落的一族。市场流行的热点、“冷点”真的很理性吗?现在的投资人讲起云南白药、贵州茅台来可以说头头是道,如此“简单易辩”的好股,以后如再有此类好公司一定不会错过了。但是,当市场不断冷落一些股(有时已经不是“冷落”了,而是“唾弃”:在大盘不断上涨时却给你不断逆势地、长期创新低地下跌!)时,你还能坚持认为这些公司还是“好公司”吗?或者有勇气和毅力去持有它们吗?为什么要持有?

通货膨胀与投资(投资杂感之二,2010,3,1)

通货膨胀是投资人必须面对的一大问题。跑赢通胀可以说成功投资的基本要求。这里面就有两个问题:一、通胀率到底如何?二、什么品种才能真正抵御通胀?

官方公布的CPI可以说是个短期的“通胀指标”,但却屡受争议,信的人也不多。如果从长期看,我倒更愿意用一些身边与我们相关的一些数据来看。比如,从1979年到2009年,工资涨了多少倍?差不都60-100倍;理发的价格涨了多少倍?同样也差不多是这个数:我清楚的记得,我在1979年初二毕业(那时我们那里还没有初三)时我第一次自己理了个喜欢的“头发”(型),厂区的理发馆:3毛钱,是我平时积攒的零花钱(一角钱一根冰棍,要少吃3个!);而现在在深圳,连理带洗头,40元/人;著名的茅台酒,1979年8元/瓶,现在呢?800元/瓶。……

如此一算,这30年来年均复合增长率15%左右。如果这30年来你的财富增长达不到这个水平,那么你的“理财”结果不能说是“成功”的,或者说是社会经济增长的“受损方”。同样,很多价格未到到这个增长率,且不能为数量的扩张弥补的话,那么这些品种成为了给社会贡献“福利”的一族了。

15%,这是个多么高的长期增长率!当然,以后能否还有这么高我怀疑。

第二个问题,什么品种能达到这个增长率?理发价格达到了,粮食价格没有达到;被称为“垄断性”消费品的茅台达到了,但并不见得比最普通的理发价涨得多),但电视机价格远未达到;……

理发,这个最简单、几乎无任何“壁垒”的服务业,为什么居然与尊贵的茅台酒涨价幅度差不多?我体会:理发是个“人工劳动”型业务,但却为社会绝对必须,且“供给”量不能任意扩大(从没听说有“托拉斯型”的理发连锁店,且由于无任何进入退出壁垒,竞争使得店面数量自然淘汰顺利进行,就像自然界的生态平衡);而电视机等,虽是社会所需,但产能却能任意扩大;茅台酒产能也不能任意扩大,只能“合理地”扩大,因此也能达到通胀水平。

因此,如果联系到股票,那些未来无论社会、经济如何变化,其产品和服务“必定”为社会所需,且供给更多为人工劳动而非机器能力所构成,且其供给能力能不受干扰地受市场淘汰、平衡的公司,至少能不会跑输通胀。这里,与是否“高技术”并无关联,甚至与目前流行的所谓抗通胀品种——“资源”型企业,如有色金属等也无关联。不信,各为可以算算这30年来,铜的价格真的涨了100倍吗?

引用:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
原文由 阳光下 发表于 2010-3-1 16:24:29 :

同意福探的分析结论,但对例子有不同的意见。我现在每二个月理发三次,每次五元(单剪、无洗,本人要求也很低)。既然福探当年理发用了三毛,那么如果以此来计算通胀率的话,那么应该到同一个城市的大致相同的地点来取样。如此算来,应该达不到15%的复合增长率。

例子只是说明问题,而非详细精确计算。顺便一提,经济学家金岩石前一阵提到,中国近30年来真实的通货膨胀率大约为14%-15%(未看其详细推算过程),我当时很吃惊,不过回想一下一些常用的价格数据,我基本相信了。

再回想过去的价格:我上文所说的那3毛钱,是比较“昂贵的理发”,是我好多年才敢单独消费一次的在正式理发馆里的“标准头”。而非正规理发馆的一般性剪发(当时的理发很简单,没现在这么复杂、多样)其实就是5分—2毛钱/人(学雷锋免费理发的更是大把,不在统计范围),只剪不洗,且当时理发动辄还有“资产阶级生活方式”的嫌疑,即使能理个艺术性的发型也不敢、或没人给理。现在深圳的40元/人的理发更算不上什么“高档”,只是普通的洗加理而已。即使在内地,现在同样的服务,正式的发廊价格也不低于20元、30/人。所以,社会上理发价格近30年来平均涨80-100倍是个基本事实。

投资中对通货膨胀的考虑(投资杂感之三)
       通货膨胀从长期看不可避免,非人力所能改变。但通胀并非是投资人的洪水猛兽,更不必成为投资人的“痛恨”。在我看来,通货膨胀仅仅是资金成本的反映,也仅仅是衡量投资业绩的一个基准之一。更不必害怕通胀,投资不可能在真空中进行,正是要在通胀、通缩的游戏中找到不变应万变的方法。

对于通胀,我的看法是:

1.没有必要去预测或确定未来到底是通胀还是通缩这类问题,就像没有必要预测未来日子是雨天还是阳光灿烂的大晴天一样。只要带好你的防雨防晒用具就够了;

2.更没必要去找刻意寻找所谓的防通胀/缩的“受益品”或哪类品种“最抗通胀”。这种游戏与在试图在股市行情中寻找“涨幅最大”的股票一样没有多大意义。

这两个“没有必要”,只要明白了股市为何难预测,为何不会有持续的“选股冠军”的道理就清楚了。

对待投资中通胀的问题关键仍然在于:如何找到具有持续的高获利能力的公司——能确信未来“10年”这家公司未来一定比现在强大。费雪在谈到通货膨胀现象时专门提到,因看到某类商品价格在某期上涨而以某些有形资产(如有色金属等)作为对抗通胀的“工具”是没有意义的;巴菲特则是更喜欢以他的“消费垄断性”的优质公司作为长期投资对象来对抗通胀。他们都在传达一个道理:真正优秀的公司才是战胜通胀的最佳投资对象。

所以,寻找“抗通胀品种,没有专门的诀窍。它与寻找真正的优秀公司的思考是一致的。上面提到的,最简单的理发价格能抗通胀,而技术复杂的电视机、电脑、照相机、手机……等机器商品价格不能抗通胀的道理,其实是与考察什么是卓越公司要思考的道理是一致的。

投资杂感(之四)

投资的“宿命”——投资需要哪些能力(2010,3,8)?

从1994年年初入股市至今,投资让人着迷,引人入胜。就像在当年学习研究物理世界里对自然界神奇的内在简单法则决定缤纷世界的现象一样,看似杂乱无章的市场却是由表面看起来毫无关联的最基本的东西决定,这种久违的体会不能不让人对市场敬畏。如果说这是“科学”的成分,那么投资显然还需要另外的东西,那就是对世界综合的或更高的认识观——艺术性的成分。

在我看来,好的投资人至少需要两点:

1.       与众不同的正常思维习惯。在市场下跌时,人的天性中恐惧、怀疑的一面会像洪水决堤一样涌出,而在大幅上涨时想象力膨胀而忘乎所以的预期也会像闷在心里的话不得不说一样的冲动起来。在大幅波动的市场中始终保持正常的思考,是一种人性中最难得的习惯之一。但是,习惯实际上是天性,是难以通过后天的学习、反思等改变的。一个人长期看只要不犯大错就基本上是个成功的投资人了,而“不犯大错”,最需要的就是这种出众的习惯。从我个人来看,一个人只要他犯过致命性的投资大错,我很难相信他以后能“变”成一个好的投资人。

2.       对未来格局演变的出众认识。仅仅不犯大错,可以基本做到成功,但想做到卓越还不够。对投资的对象未来的格局演变有合理的“预期”则是另有一个几乎“困难无比”的要求。这种能力也有两个方面:一,通过具体领域里理性的总结或理论的学习找到“预期”企业未来格局演变的能力;二、以对人类行为的领悟——一个人的价值观对企业未来作出合理的预期。如果前者还可以通过后天的学习得到,那么后者更像是“命中注定”——一个人的价值观不是通过具体的学习能模仿的,只能是自己长期对人生、对社会的认识和自我行为方式的体现。很多大投资家都强调,要从哲学、历史中去学习,而不是仅从商学院中去学投资,我想正是这个意思。

这样说,并非是单纯的“宿命”论,而是说投资之道其实也是“功夫在诗外”,既要有商学院里的基本知识,更要靠自身长期的人生修炼、对世界对社会认识的感悟。而投资的结果,也许才是这种努力结果的“宿命”。

投资杂感之五——“边际收益递减”律与优势公司

“边际收益递减”是经济现象中的一个基本规律。地里的庄稼施肥越多,单位亩产也会越多,但一旦越过了某个数,则这一效应就不存在了;生产量越大,赚得也越多,但产量一旦达到某个数值,再多的产量恐怕会带来滞销,效益开始减少……。在人类所有经济领域,这个规律都存在。这是容易理解的,如果没有边际递减效应,经济活动便不可理解,用不了多久,地球上可能也将充满了“钞票”!

所谓“优势”公司,其实只是在“边际递减效应”不发生作用时的一种现象:在有限的时间和业务范围里,业务量越大,收益也越高,甚至效益会随业务量而呈“加速增长”状态——“边际收益递增”。

但是,“边际收益递增”毕竟只是短期的,当然也是宝贵的。所谓优势公司、高价值公司,至少在某时其呈现过这种现象。当试图把这种现象“无限放大”时,泡沫便产生了。

2000年,“网络经济”盛行时,有人便写文,说今后从此将进入到网络时代,“赢家通吃”的网络公司将由“边际收益递减”变为“边际收益递增”,因为网络用户越多,其网络价值越大而不是相反。但不久,网络经济泡沫破灭。

2003年A股开始的“五朵金花”行情开始后,见到很多这样的公司,由于产品旺销、价格上涨,于是雄心勃勃地急剧扩大产能,06-07年这样的公司出现了“边际收益递增”现象,于是股价10倍、20倍的上涨。但是,在由此而来的“大国崛起”的“最强音”中,“边际收益递减”这个恼人的规律却在悄然起作用了,效益不但不增反而开始下降,更重要的是,规模大到一定程度,企业风险反而更大。08-09年那么多国际上如雷贯耳的巨型企业一夜之间倒下去,与其说是“国际金融危机”造成,依我看不如说是边际收益递减这一规律造成的。

所以,真正的优势公司的本质并非是仅仅要有“边际收益递增”这样的表现(长得快)。而是更要有如何能“活得长”的基因——哪怕牺牲某时期的收益增长率。前几天媒体报道的美国一老太太几十美元捂雅培股票70年成为“700百万富婆”的故事,如果当时捂的是当时最时髦的“美国钢铁”这类公司,这样的故事可能不会发生。一家企业是否具有成为百年老店的理念、策略和经营布局,是决定这类企业能否成为真正给任何时期的投资人带来长久收益的关键。巴菲特09年倾其所有收购的是BNSF这个显然还将要存在100年的老铁路公司,而不是那么多眼花缭乱的“新经济”公司,也许是伯克希尔成长到一定程度后巴菲特价值观的一个合理选择。

投资杂感之六——“规模效应”和无形资产

如上文所述,“边际效应递减”是就普遍和长期来看的,是经济学家们看到的。而“边际效应递增”则是阶段性的和个别的,是投资家们梦想和乐于见到的。一个阶段性“边际效应递增”的公司,当然是好股票必然的特征之一。

“边际效应递增”其实就是“规模效应”:当一个企业经营规模增加的时候,其效益是“加速增长”的。几乎所有的企业都经历过这样的阶段(股票的最“飙”的阶段往往也是这个时期)。但是,经过这个阶段后,很多企业的命运便不再相同:有些企业可以经过“休息”后再重演这样的规模效应,或者进入较为稳固的收益阶段;而大多数经历过这样阶段的企业则开始走“下坡路”——不仅是收益增长速度减缓,而是收益绝对额减少,再后来就面临着衰落、乃至破产或被并购。

为什么结局会不同?这就要涉及到“规模效应”的本质了。“规模效应”表现为:随营业收入的增加,固定成本比例越来越小,因此新增的营业收入可带来更多的利润。这里的前提显然有两个:一是营业收入能持续增加,二是固定成本要稳定。营业收入的持续增加要求公司业务具有持续吸引客户需求的能力(牢靠的客户关系),而固定成本的稳定则要求公司的固定成本“几乎不”随供应能力提高而提高。但这对绝大多数公司来说几乎是不可能的。这只有发生在那些主要以边际成本低的业务中——如软件生产、特殊药品和消费品、互联网的信息供应等一些业务。但同时满足这两个条件的公司太少了。绝大多数的公司往往受规模增加后效益超速增加的短期诱惑,陷入优先扩大规模的经营策略陷阱——结果是,规模上去后发现,要么客户关系并不牢靠,产品不畅销了;要么固定成本也随之上升,这种高固定成本就使得其业务的风险性极大地增加,于是、衰落的命运不期而至。

牢靠的客户关系、低边际成本的业务属性,实际上正是我们一直在研究的企业无形资产的核心表观要素。所以,规模效应的本质是其实不是别的,而是企业无形资产价值的自然释放形式。那些没有无形资产积累的企业,规模越大,某期的效益越好,其后的风险就越大。以前我曾说过,2007年股市形成的顶,很可能是很多大型企业长期的大顶——以后就算哪天股市冲破了6124,这些公司股价也不会再回来了。

找到优质公司,不是看其规模、某时期的效益,而是发现其有效的无形资产。

杂感之七——“长寿命”企业与“收益时间递减律”

“收益递减”这一现象,既表现在资本额的扩张上,也表现为时间上:随时间的推移,高盈利的公司普遍变得盈利不高了。有人统计过,道琼斯指数中的成分股100多年来,目前只有通用还在,其他要么因日趋衰落市值缩小而被剔除,要么被兼并后变得不知是什么了。而A股短短19年的历史,一开始就是盈利很高的“绩优股”现在基本上没有一家能长期保持绩优到现在的。

随时间收益递减的现象,与随资本额收益递减的现象一样,都是“价值有限性”的体现。所谓“高价值”公司,并非是指某些年业绩能“高成长”,而是能尽可能地延长高收益的周期,或者能在更大资本额上实现高收益——能最大程度地延缓“收益递减”规律的制约。就象人的生命,不要奢望“长生不老”,只要能比一般人更长寿和健康就足够了。

能抵御收益递减的最强大武器,就是企业的“无形资产”。如上文所述,牢靠的客户关系、低边际成本的业务属性是资本复制式实现价值增值的根本,而保持强大的竞争壁垒和业务需求的恒久性则是资本长期高收益率的关键。

选股时着眼于保持资本长期高收益率(“长寿命”企业)而非某期业绩“高成长”对投资人来说有两方面的意义:

1.       避免投资上大损失的风险。从股市的历史中可以看到,那些“长寿命”的企业(“长寿命”企业或“百年老店”是指那些业务记录专一、历史悠久的企业,而不仅仅是指股票在证券市场上留存的时间),即使不幸在牛市顶部买入的,即使收益率不高,长期看遭受大损失的几率很小。

2.       业务始终专一的企业,往往具有更强的竞争优势,更易成为卓越型的企业。企业的“业务能力”和“无形资产”更多并非是天生的,而往往是学习、长久积累的结果。新兴行业里的企业往往风险更大,其道理就在这里。

“收益递减”可以说是人类经济生活中的普遍规律,是投资人的“大敌”。长期投资看似很“轻松”、“很简单”,但由于有收益递减这一现象存在,长期投资的结果理论上看可能很糟糕:时间越长、资本额越大,你陷入收益递减的概率也会加大。实际上也如此,真正做长期投资成功的人并不很多,也正因为此,长期投资也很难被市场投资人认可。其实,幸亏人类社会存在收益递减的规律,否则,社会将不可想象:存在价值几乎无限大的企业,那么所有的资本都会向着这一家企业去倾斜,其他行业、业务都不会再有生存的机会。那将是个什么社会啊!如果股票投资真的仅仅靠长期持有就能致富那样的“简单”,那么社会上也不会有其他实业存在了。

“收益递减”律也正是投资上“安全边际”法则的根基。收益递减律决定了任何企业的价值都是有限而非无限的,因此对一个有限价值的企业,只能在一定的价位以下买入才能有投资价值。

因此,投资也是门哲学。好走极端,把投资神化,以为世界上只有几个“皇冠上的明珠”似的企业可以投资,其他全是“垃圾”,其结果就是容易犯以任何价格来买入做投资的错误;或者认为投资是“随机漫步”,随便买,长期持有就可以(某台湾的“投资家”说宣扬的),其结果往往导致平庸和随机波动的投资业绩。投资的道理如同社会、生活上的普遍道理,在尊重、正视普遍规律的前提下,理解一家企业局部和阶段性的能克服“收益递减”现象的经营机理才是选好长期投资标的的关键。

投资杂感之八——投资需要什么样的人力团队条件?

我也是一个军事迷。尤其是近代中国的战争史更是感兴趣:为什么装备水平、战争资源最差的解放军能战胜国民党的正规“国军”?抗战结束后,解放军当时不但政权“名不正言不顺”,基本没有外援,更没有自己的军工系统和后勤财力基础,装备也主要靠缴获的“八国造”,甚至连军服都不能统一(二野为蓝布军服,三野为黄布军服)。但是,仅仅5年功夫,解放军就完胜了开战初期占绝对优势的国民党军队并夺取了政权。除了政治和最高领导人谋略上的因素外,我自己觉得还有两个重要的因素:

1.       一套发挥核心军事将领才能的机制。国民党军队号称“正规军”,也有大量的黄埔系的精英战将,但是其内部派系林立、任人唯亲、干预过多;而共产党军队则受长期艰苦战争的生死考验,军事将领的使用上只能唯才是举,且被迫充分地分权、放权。林彪、粟裕等的杰出军事才华由此可以独自、充分地施展。

2.       卓越的情报参谋系统。淮海战役中,国民党战区总司令刘峙的贴身警卫、国民党国防部作战厅的厅长居然都是共产党的长期“卧底”,国军的一举一动都在解放军的掌控中。这个仗还怎么打?!

投资与打仗有很多相同之处。现在一些投资机构对外宣称:他们有业内“最强大”的“投研团队”,拥有各行业的证券分析“精英”,“涵盖几乎所有行业”,云云。但是,其长期的投资业绩与这样的“投入成本”并没有太大的关联。实际上看看世界上最有名的投资大师的情况就很清楚了。巴菲特的盛名来源于其本人的投资思想和智慧而非其“智囊团队”,巴菲特身边只有13个人(包括办公室的辅助性人员),无一专业的证券分析师;没有彼得林奇,富达基金又是什么呢?是比尔.米勒成就了梅森基金而不是梅森基金的“投研平台”成就了米勒。……以为投资要靠“豪华精英团队”,实在是对投资认识上一大误解。

可以设想,如果把解放军最具军事才华的林彪和粟裕放在一个作战司令部里(够“豪华”的司令部了吧?),还能有豫东战役、孟良崮战役那样的出神入化吗?投资是个性化的智慧结果。靠精英的“民主表决式”的投资,结果只能是平庸。当然,没有大量、细致的情报系统,粟裕等将领也就难以有其才能的发挥平台。因此,我对投资“人力团队”的认识有两条:一是要有过硬的核心投资人的投资才能;二是要有完善、高效的信息系统。

有很多投资人对所谓“机构”很迷信,从表面上看好像如此,机构拥有一大堆博士头衔的“精英分析师”,讲起宏观经济来,比经济学家还经学家,更拥有很多“内幕信息”的优势,似乎个人投资人在这样的机构面前只有跟风的份,就像当年解放军面对武装到牙齿的国军只有“打游击”的份一样。但事实并非如此。我以为,“机构”投资业绩平庸的问题不在于资金规模过大,而在于其固有的最大弱项:其投资的决策人在过多信息来源面前更容易弄混或压根就不知道自己真正的“能力圈”边际在哪里:靠别人的所谓“专业分析”来为自己的投资做依据,与看满大街的“投行报告”或股评报告来做投资依据有什么区别呢?

所以,只要真正具备投资分析的本领(有能力),再加上勤奋(自己建立的高效信息系统),一个个人投资者就完全有条件做到比绝大多数机构更好的投资业绩。

[此帖子已被 福尔莫斯 在 2010-4-7 14:37:14 编辑过]

可能我的表述不够清楚,有关表述我再解释一下。

"业务具牢靠的客户关系"——业务对客户有持续的吸引力,不会因为市场出现变化而离弃;

"低边际成本"——业务规模增量的收入比例大于业务增量成本的增加比例;

"恒久的业务需求"——业务需求不会随社会、经济变迁及技术进步而变化。什么业务是未来10年、20年绝对还需要的?

“强竞争壁垒”——这个不用再解释了。

恰恰恰:一个具有良好口碑和独特显著特性产品的业务,不就是那种“对客户有持续的吸引力,不会因为市场出现变化而离弃”的业务吗?此外,那几方面并非是“等价”的,而是互相独立的,请仔细体会。

此外,火焰驹兄推荐的那本帕特多西写的书我看过,也许是看问题的角度,个人感觉他叙述的过于表面,也没有把企业经营的内在逻辑要素揭示出来,有点照猫画虎和感性认识,在对企业的认识层次上不如直接看巴菲特在系列致股东信和其他场合中通过简单言语所表述的那样一针见血和画龙点睛。

证券分析师的语言与真正的投资家的语言,毕竟还是有很大不同的。

[此帖子已被 福尔莫斯 在 2010-4-5 23:24:08 编辑过]

引用:
原文由 owen.zhao 发表于 2010-5-12 11:14:40 :

……

提出一个观点探讨一下:“一个人只要他犯过致命性的投资大错,我很难相信他以后能“变”成一个好的投资人。”这个观点也是第一次听说,与“失败乃成功之母”有较大差异。我的理解是:有些投资人注定有投资失败的基因,价值投资并不是取得投资成功的保障,还有些不被了解的因素。我甚至认为曾学过技术、在卷商、国家证券机构工作过的人也难取得大的成就。

这是我个人的体会。也许是生活阅历不广,我观察到的我做投资的朋友中凡是比较成功的,不管是哪种风格,基本都有一个特征:小错常有,但无大错。“失败是成功之母”没错,但个人体会,有过一次致命式的大错,后面还有另外的大错。大错往往不是投资技术和勤奋与否的问题,而是由其本身的人性所致。因此我理解投资能力中有一个点是通过学习很难达到的,就是一个人个性,不能是那种过于变化无常、好走极端的。一个人再反思学习,他也解决不了他人性中的问题。所以,当我看到媒体报道某位明星人物说:我专门招聘那种几乎破产了的投资人,……我很不认同。我自己欣赏的成功的投资人,不管是否直接认识,起码他们都是我很喜欢和欣赏的人,他们的语言、文字等让我着迷。如果不做投资,仅做朋友,也是一桩人生幸事。

投资杂感之九——理想的投资和投资的理想

作为一个投资人,经常要面临各种“判断”的考验:对企业在行业波动、变迁时价值的判断;对于在股价大幅波动时对于企业前景的判断;对于证券市场可能的系统性风险导致股价脱离估值的判断……,只要是人,判断次数越多,失误也会越多。证券投资中的“大起大落”由此而来。

此外,作为一个职业投资人,还要面对市值大幅波动时客户朋友怀疑的考验;面对经营成本在市场低迷时的困境考验……。成功投资之路,可以说是一条充满坎坷的险峻之路。过五关、斩六将也许不难,但一个不期而至的大的失误就可能将以往的积累毁之一旦。多少“投资精英”折戟沉沙,而又前仆后继。领风骚于数年间常见,但成功积累成大家者极少。

“活得长”也许是这个行业中更重要的事情。理想的投资,是投资理想实现的基础。

一、 足够理想的长期投资标的。不管市场、行业、经济环境如何变化,与这些企业在一起,只要不想去获得“更高”的超额收益,就能分享其本身经营的超额收益,而免受各种“判断”的干扰。

一般来说,这样的企业的年均资本收益率也就是我们能得到的年均收益率。这一目标已足矣。但是,如果能找到这样的企业,那更是投资的最高理想境界了:这类企业现在还是被迷雾笼罩,充满了争议、怀疑或不起眼,因此市场给予了相对较低的“溢价”(如PE、PB等),但是,随时间的推移,它们逐渐展现出真正卓越企业的内在素质,释放出其应有的业绩,博得市场的掌声,市场随之给予越来越高的“溢价”——这才是股票长期投资的最理想的标的!这些股票给予了超越其本身资本收益率的超额收益。这是可遇而不可求的。不求多,有点已经不枉投资的任何艰辛,可充分地享受投资的乐趣。

二、 找到一些与我们价值观一致的客户朋友,愿与我们一起来分享这一投资之旅,以承担旅途的颠簸(市值的波动)来到达胜利的彼岸。管理的资金不求“大”,只求价值观一致。“大”资金不美,“小资金”也不美,把每份“小资金”逐渐做到令朋友忙满足的“大资金”才是“美”,也才是我们的目标。这样的客户数量也许是冥冥之中定数决定,而非主观的所谓“营销”、“宣传”能达到的。

三、 我们的资产管理业务要做到这样的特征:1.“低边际成本”。管理成本相对固定,不随管理资产规模而变化,在各种市场情形下,都具有不受干扰和约束的投资运营环境;2.牢靠的客户关系。作为资产管理这一行,其最独特的价值也许不是某时期的收益,而是有一群志同道合的客户朋友。就像人生中人与人之间信任是最宝贵的关系,荣辱与共才是事业的长青基石。3.像自然界那样明晰、恒定的物理规律决定自然现象一样,投资行为由这样的理论决定而非个性的自由发挥。投资是艺术,但更是科学。没有科学精神的投资,也就不可能有长期的投资过程。

投资的哲学,也是人生的哲学。

[此帖子已被 福尔莫斯 在 2010-5-7 10:37:50 编辑过]
投资杂感之十——像商人做生意那样做投资

前些日子,见到一位在公募基金工作的同行老朋友。他每天都非常忙碌,但似乎他对未来完全没有把握。他脑子里关心的是:宏观经济未来如何?货币汇率等会如何变化?会出哪些政策?哪些行业会出现拐点?……。我问,你们未来在投资收益率上有什么预期?他觉得很奇怪:能有什么预期?预期有什么用?走一步看一步呗。

冷静的想想,这位朋友脑子里考虑的东西似乎是现在大多数投资人(或职业投资人)正在考虑的问题。但这与我理解的投资方式大相径庭。这让我也想到了旅行的问题。旅行最重要的是什么?平安。要做到平安的旅行,就要明白旅行最可能的到达时间和可能遇到的问题。比如在古代,在出门前,骡马行进的速度、粮草的安排和获取可能、旅途路径是否熟悉等等都是决定行程的关键,是必须要了解的。否则,旅途就是不测的,谈不上平安。

《亮剑》电视里有这样一句对白:

店小二问:……这兵荒马乱的,这生意好做吗?

商人(楚云飞警卫扮)答:他打他的仗,什么时候难为过做生意的?……。

无论在任何时期,都会有一批生意很好的企业和商人。作为商人,他考虑的是如何建立自己的业务模式并捕捉商机,而宏观经济如何并非是他考虑的最重要的问题和能不能做生意的关键。正常情况下赚多少钱也是一个成功商人很清楚的,他所做的生意的商业风险在哪里,如何规避这样的风险也是他最关心的。考虑好了这几点,就算是国破民伤的环境里,他照样可以做好他的生意。

其实,投资也一样。长期看,你最多能取得多大的投资收益率?最可能取得多大收益率?在不正常偏离这样的收益率时该如何?在投资中可能要遇到什么不测(风险)?你能把握的投资的标的都有哪些?这些情况如果不清楚,那么你的投资可能就是盲目的,或者整日繁忙身心烦累却不知何处是岸,投资业绩也许就是个随机漫步完全没有把握的游戏。

选好了你熟悉的生意,交给你欣赏放心的人和企业来经营,你顶多做个监督者——这样,你必定是个轻松、快乐、成功的投资人。
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-3 09:52 | 显示全部楼层

巴菲特:穆迪和我都犯了错

巴菲特:穆迪和我都犯了错

(2010-06-03 9.00am)

(综合讯)“股神”巴菲特出席美国国会听证会时,指穆迪和标准普尔等评级机构“做了错误判断,而我也犯了错”。

美国国会的金融危机调查委员会,正对国际评级机构展开严厉调查,作为穆迪公司最大的股票持有人之一,巴菲特也被牵扯进这场风暴。这是他首次就此参加国会听证。

巴菲特周三与穆迪总裁麦克丹尼尔一同参与听证会,以助国会厘清,穆迪、标准普尔等评级机构在金融海啸期间,是否利用自己特殊角色做出“错误判断”,从而导致金融危机愈演愈烈。

巴菲特作证时表示,穆迪和标准普尔公司都与次按危机有关,但不该对此负责。“不要责怪穆迪”,巴菲特说,“他们做了错误判断,而我也犯了错”。

他认为,在当时情况下,房地产市场上的所有人——房地美、房利美、美国国会、媒体、投资人和购房者——无一例外地相信了住房抵押证券这个“有谬误的模型”。与其他许多机构一样,穆迪、标准普尔等信用评级服务机构,都是错过了信贷危机的预警信号。

巴菲特坦白承认,他自己也没能预见住房市场泡沫将会破裂,“如果能预知次贷危机会变得这么严重,我早就会选择卖出穆迪股份”。

《联合早报网》
(编辑:黄爱莲)

[ 本帖最后由 长白游人 于 2010-6-3 21:47 编辑 ]
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-3 09:59 | 显示全部楼层
((帖主注:从本楼开始至101楼原来都为与楼上重复内容(因为斑竹要审帖,害我连发十几贴相同内容#*27*# ),又没有删除功能,只好更换编辑新内容,所以日期以编辑时间为准。))

来到此栏目,原来关心股价的习惯也改了不少,算是进步吧。希望这里的斑竹如果再审帖,能够提高效率,时间宝贵呀。

[ 本帖最后由 长白游人 于 2010-6-3 21:59 编辑 ]
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-6-3 10:00 | 显示全部楼层

巴菲特致股东的信2009年--1/3

Berkshire’s Corporate Performance vs. the S&P 500
Annual Percentage Change
Year             in Per-Share Book Value of Berkshire (1)    in S&P 500 with Dividends Included (2)   Relative Results (1)-(2)
1965 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 23.8 10.0 13.8
1966 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20.3 (11.7) 32.0
1967 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11.0 30.9 (19.9)
1968 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19.0 11.0 8.0
1969 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16.2 (8.4) 24.6
1970 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12.0 3.9 8.1
1971 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 16.4 14.6 1.8
1972 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21.7 18.9 2.8
1973 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 4.7 (14.8) 19.5
1974 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5.5 (26.4) 31.9
1975 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21.9 37.2 (15.3)
1976 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 59.3 23.6 35.7
1977 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 31.9 (7.4) 39.3
1978 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 24.0 6.4 17.6
1979 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 35.7 18.2 17.5
1980 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19.3 32.3 (13.0)
1981 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 31.4 (5.0) 36.4
1982 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 40.0 21.4 18.6
1983 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 32.3 22.4 9.9
1984 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13.6 6.1 7.5
1985 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 48.2 31.6 16.6
1986 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 26.1 18.6 7.5
1987 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19.5 5.1 14.4
1988 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20.1 16.6 3.5
1989 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 44.4 31.7 12.7
1990 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7.4 (3.1) 10.5
1991 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 39.6 30.5 9.1
1992 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20.3 7.6 12.7
1993 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 14.3 10.1 4.2
1994 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 13.9 1.3 12.6
1995 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 43.1 37.6 5.5
1996 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 31.8 23.0 8.8
1997 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 34.1 33.4 .7
1998 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 48.3 28.6 19.7
1999 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .5 21.0 (20.5)
2000 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.5 (9.1) 15.6
2001 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (6.2) (11.9) 5.7
2002 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10.0 (22.1) 32.1
2003 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 21.0 28.7 (7.7)
2004 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 10.5 10.9 (.4)
2005 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6.4 4.9 1.5
2006 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 18.4 15.8 2.6
2007 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11.0 5.5 5.5
2008 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (9.6) (37.0) 27.4
2009 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 19.8 26.5 (6.7)
Compounded Annual Gain – 1965-2009 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 20.3% 9.3% 11.0
Overall Gain – 1964-2009 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 434,057% 5,430%
Notes: Data are for calendar years with these exceptions: 1965 and 1966, year ended 9/30; 1967, 15 months ended
12/31.
Starting in 1979, accounting rules required insurance companies to value the equity securities they hold at market
rather than at the lower of cost or market, which was previously the requirement. In this table, Berkshire’s results
through 1978 have been restated to conform to the changed rules. In all other respects, the results are calculated using
the numbers originally reported.
The S&P 500 numbers are pre-tax whereas the Berkshire numbers are after-tax. If a corporation such as Berkshire
were simply to have owned the S&P 500 and accrued the appropriate taxes, its results would have lagged the S&P 500
in years when that index showed a positive return, but would have exceeded the S&P 500 in years when the index
showed a negative return. Over the years, the tax costs would have caused the aggregate lag to be substantial.

[ 本帖最后由 长白游人 于 2010-6-3 22:50 编辑 ]
金币:
奖励:
热心:
注册时间:
2010-5-29

回复 使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

本站声明:1、本站所有广告均与MACD无关;2、MACD仅提供交流平台,网友发布信息非MACD观点与意思表达,因网友发布的信息造成任何后果,均与MACD无关。
MACD俱乐部(1997-2019)官方域名:macd.cn   MACD网校(2006-2019)官方域名:macdwx.com
值班热线[9:00—17:30]:18292674919   24小时网站应急电话:18292674919
找回密码、投诉QQ:89918815 友情链接QQ:95008905 广告商务联系QQ:17017506 电话:18292674919
增值电信业务经营许可证: 陕ICP19026207号—2  陕ICP备20004035号

举报|意见反馈|Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|MACD俱乐部 ( 陕ICP备20004035号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-30 18:44 , Processed in 0.073203 second(s), 7 queries , Redis On.